1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fast way to dvd to dvd+r ,,,,rw

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by threepeat, Aug 19, 2002.

1. threepeat

threepeat Guest

to anyone concerned
    i think i found a faster way to convert dvd to dvd+r and so on.. it takes 2 1/2 hrs on a 1 ghz or better cpu.. no rempeng to shrink or encode just use the same way like before but a couple of things change

smartripper to rip your dvd

ac3 to convert ac3 to wav

dvdit pe 2.5 to burn your dvd

in dvdit change the audio to convert to dolby digital 2 channels at 128 mhz you can make menus and things ....then just burn

any questions email me @ a.alicea2@verizon.net

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

First of all, no mail addresses to our forums.

Secondly, couple of questions/suggestions:

1) Why AC3 to WAV? There are several authoring tools that allow you to import AC3 as it is, without re-encoding/changing format.

2) Why don't you use IFOEdit? Normally no re-encoding is required, as most of the main movies fit under 4.36GB anyway and by using IFOEdit, you can maintain your existing menu structure and chapters.

...but for newbies, I agree, your "guide" is useful :)

3. threepeat

threepeat Guest

its true ifoedit is a faster way but 4
    (newbies)ifoedit can be a bitch im sure you agree....sorry about the email thing
    but if your talking to newbies explain it in newbie language as i did then maybe they can figure out how to use ifoedit as they go along

as for ac3 6 channels audio files ....dvdit does not support it if you rip with smartripper and drop itin...... 2 channels maybe and im a newbie to afterdawn not to ripping and converting i just thought i can help new ppl see things a little clearer

SORRY

4. threepeat

threepeat Guest

ALSO i use amd xp 1900 and my total time to rip convert and burn is 2hrs

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I agree, IFOEdit is a bitch for newbies and that's why I appreciate your post.

And the audio issue is probably due DVDIt -- never used it, but I know that some of the slightly cheaper authoring tools don't support AC3.

6. threepeat

threepeat Guest

hi guys sorry but ive been busy in computer hell i'll be back soon with some news