1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faster torrents

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by BryanH., Apr 2, 2005.

1. BryanH.

BryanH. Guest

How do you get them to go faster!!!!!They are so damn slow!

2. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

this isnt the place to ask :)

3. wdkickass

wdkickass Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

BryanH....A watched pot never boils...I find by downloading smaller torrents..they go faster...Just foolin with u haha..be patient !Remember what u are getting & appreciate that

5. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

Be sure to go for torrents with a lot of seeds and leeches. If you download something pretty rare it will go slow because you may be downloading off maybe only 2 or 3 people at a time.

Also increase upload speed, you will get faster dl speeds too. Thats the way it works.
    Give and you shall recieve.

6. Bob63

Bob63 Guest

Hey, pro'noob. Are you sure that if you increase your upload you get more on the download? I think one time I increase my upload to like 7/4 and I was just getting jipped.

7. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Most sites recommend u keer your uploads at 4kbts..for best speeds..I've tried lot of different settings..and have come to 1 conclusion !! IT's F%#KING Slow..So now I'm just patient & wait..if I'm lucky I'll get 25 or above..but my average is 4 to 16..sometimes toward the end it will drop to 1 & make me wait another couple of hrs..pisses me of..but what u gonna do? kick the shit outa your computer..NOPE !! just wait..Drive YA to Drinking sometimes...Worse then any woman I ever knew !!!

8. hursty

hursty Active member

did you guys know there is a forum dedicated to file sharing,there are some clever b*****d's in there.......:)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/18

@rick

if you read through azureus faq's,there is a reason for it getting stuck on 99%,it will tell you how to overcome it

regards hursty

9. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

bob63, yes it does.
    Thats the whole point of BT otherwise everyone would just leach.

It depends on the torrent too though, how much b/w other people are sharing themselves.

Thats why if everyone keeps a good upload rate then everyone will get faster dl speeds too - and if you get stcuk at 99% its probably because nobody else currently connected has the last part of the file you need.