1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fastest p2p for movies

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dude845, Jan 8, 2005.

1. dude845

dude845 Regular member

sup whats the fastest p2p for movies

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

3. pcss

pcss Guest

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

a lot of people have success with bittorrents, but I never did. I tried several clients, and could never get a speed over 10K/sec. With IRC however, my average speed is 150K.

5. ag22

ag22 Regular member

Every single one of my BT downloads started at 10l and increased to 80k after an hour.

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

which program do you use?? I use sharaza every now and then, which seems okay. I heard azureus was good, but it kept freezing.

7. daddyo

daddyo Member

Azureus is a great client, only problem i had was my upload speed was way faster then my download speed i read somewere to set my upload speed to 16kb/s and it was goin at top speeds within the hour still get the odd torrent that takes forever but thats to be expected from time to time

Cheers

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

everytime I run Azureus, it froze while connecting. Tried re-installing, but no luck. So I gave up and am sticking with IRC, which I've had great success with. Even though you have to wait in queues, there's a ton of material out there.

9. pcss

pcss Guest

ABC is a good BT client as well as BitComet. They are probably not quite as feature rich as Azeurus but the install is a no-brainer and takes about 30 seconds. Both clients permit simultaneous downloading of as many torrents as your system can handle, torrent queuing and prioritizing as well as many other features. Of course your BT transfer rates depends primarily on your net connection. If you have your environment setup correctly(router, port forwarding, etc.) BT will almost always be faster for than IRC(by a good bit). Download a torrent for one of the linux distributions (debian or fedora core 3) to see if your system is configured properly. These torrents are always well seeded 24/7 and your download rate should be very high. On my particular connection my rates gets up to 362Kbps on both of these in a few minutes and they stay right there until the torrent has finished. I can download a 700MB ISO in less than 20 minutes. Here are the links: http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/ -->Fedora Core 3
    http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/torrents/3.0_r3/ --> Debian v.3.0r3

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2005
  10. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

djscoop, is IRC easy to setup???

11. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Its not difficult, but it is more complicated than regular p2p programs. Basically you need to download mIRC, configure the XDCC options, than use www.ircspy.com or www.packetnews.com for searching for files. You click on the packet number, which will connect to the server/channel in mIRC, then you paste the packet number in the dialog box. There are guides at www.ircyspy.com for support on setting everything up and DLing files. After you get the hang of it its easy.

12. dude845

dude845 Regular member

is irc the same thing that some p2p clients steel like on bearshare they steel movies from uri moviez which is a nother irc client?

13. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Actually, Usenet is by far the fastest source for any kind of content. A premium newsgroup server like Easynews can max out even the fastest internet connection, even 10 mbps ethernet.

14. whats IRC where can I get it?

15. djscoop

djscoop Active member

read my post above. download mIRC, then go to www.ircspy.com or www.packetnews.com. They search engines for IRC, and also contain guides on how to setup mIRC, and how to use XDCC.

16. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

i thought irc was good only if you were in with certain groups that could get you the files needed?

17. bmaniac

bmaniac Member

Ares
    google

18. ag22

ag22 Regular member

I use Azerus and set my upload speeds to 3KBps. When my DLs are complete I do unlimited. If your just getting in the first thing you should try is download a huge file (2 gig) from a reliable source like torrentreactor.net. Let it go over night. See what the speed is in the morning. If its at like 10KBps, then your ports need to be forwarded. Fallow all of the guides and forward your ports. Repeat the same thing only check it like 2 hours later to see if the speeds have increased.