1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest "video" to DVD software?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jd254, Nov 2, 2007.

1. jd254

jd254 Member

I just want to know if the video file to DVD software speed has reach it's potential. I don't do it much but I still would like to know. My pentium D 2.8ghz @ 3.5ghz is turning an avi to DVD in 25mins. My problem is... I take less time turning a full dvd9 to a dvd5 in less than 15 min. now, I'm taking a 700mb file and making it a 2.42gb, i think it was, in 25 mins. I checked my CPU usage and it's like going up and down. It's not even using my CPU to it's full potential.

So...

1. Is there a software that I can use to make my avi video files to DVD that uses all my CPU speed (100%)?
    2. If I get a quad core, will it be faster?

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Most people with 16X read DVD drives can rip a DVD9 to DVD5 in 15 minutes even on slower computers. Basically all your doing is compressing a DVD-structured disc. However, when converting, you are actually creating a DVD structured disc, so it will take longer. As far making it go faster, if you go any faster than 25 minutes (which is usually what mine takes in ConvertXtoDVD), then I can promise you, you will run into more encoding problems than you can shake a stick at. Using your PCs full potential is not always the best course, unless your trying to handle some serious gaming or intensive video design.