1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fat not slim ps2 modding help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by ironmaid, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ironmaid

ironmaid Member

Hello with ps2 soft modding I heard all u need is a sony dvd 4. somthin gb's and ps2 action replay max for ps2 backups and stuff or idk is that all u need and also the expliot that u can get on the internet do u need to order anything? because Im tring to put backups on my ps2 without having to order shit. And I heard you can get caught downloading something ilegal now and days I do alot of pirating in pc but I heard now the fbi is cracking down pirating so I wont get easily caught doing this right and is it easey to use emulaters on the ps2 I need help on how to do this because all I need to buy is a ps2 action replay mz I think I need steps. lol ignore my screen name ironmaid it ment to have iron maiden but it cut out because it has to be less the ten letters im not a girl im a guy lol. ☺♦

2. Xplaya

Xplaya Guest

if u dont now nothing about the ps2 or exploit.
    Then it can be quite tricky to understand.

But the first thing is you need to buy something or borrow something to softmod your system.

Be that action replay, swap magic, etc.

U need to buy something

I have only tried the swap magic way,.

There are a few steps u can do.
    U can play back ups using swap magic, and slide tool, or fliptop and dvd-rs

Or you can get a network adaptor and a hdd and install games to the hdd.

hdds the best way to go.

anyways first off i suggest u buy something.
    When you either get Action replay or swap magic or what ever else way there is to exploit your system. Then post up what you have and someone should be able to show how to do it...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2008