1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fat PS2 Boot problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by yosoy, Jul 3, 2007.

1. yosoy

yosoy Member

I got a problem with my PS2.

First, my control pad was not working at all, I didn't give too much importance to this because my controller was crapped out from some time before. I thought that I just have to buy a new one.

But then, all of a sudden, my PS2 began to have problems booting games, every time that I turn the console on, takes around 10 to 15 seconds to start and went to the browser screen.

The problem doesn't end there, because it began to have problems booting backups too!! Sometimes they boot, sometimes they don't. I'm using quality media DVD (Verbatim) on my burns so I know the problem are not the discs.

AND, to add some more crap, the control pads doesn't work on port 1 (works normally on port 2), they work every time that I have the analog function off, but when I turn it on the controller stops working.

My PS2 has a MYTH chip, that I belive is a clone of the Matrix Infinity, and a friend told me that could be the problem.

Just what the hell should I do??? Do I have to send this machine to the trash and buy a new one?

2. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

i have a solution but i have no clue how the hell you'd do it but here it is give it a try figure out a way top get the myth modchip to turn off for ex. some modchips have special fetures like if you hold the power down for like 20 secs the modchip turns off so do something like that to disable the modchip then go online and get SWAP MAGIC it costs around $30 and i am sure that would work to boot the backups and for the controller just get a second hand one at EB games they r like $15 dollas so all togather you are looking at $45-50 which is a lot better than $129.99 + TAX