1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fat PS2 Disc Tray Won't Eject

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DHua, Feb 12, 2008.

1. DHua

DHua Regular member

I have a fat PS2 and it won't eject. I searched on Google and found that people put something under the disc tray and pulled it out and pressed the eject button to put back in and everything was back to normal. I don't understand how they did that? Can someone explain to me? I know how to open the PS2. If there is an easier way by opening the PS2 to fix it, please tell me.

Thanks

2. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member

If you open up your ps2 you will see that the tray is probably knocked of it's track. Just press eject with it open and you will see where it gets stuck. Then just carefully pull out and up and it should get back on track.

3. DHua

DHua Regular member

I don't understand what you mean by carefully pull out and up. Can you explain to me how to do that? I just figured out how to open my Ps2 a couple days ago. I don't want to break it any further. SO sorry if it sounds like I am being too cautious.

4. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

You need to take it apart and then unscrew take off and reinstall the whole tray assembly. It sucks to do if you haven't done it before. Google guides on taking a PS2 apart. It isn't hard if you are careful. I am guessing the manual switch under the tray is not going to help you. Like the poster above me said, you're off track on the tray.

5. DHua

DHua Regular member

I searched around and only found guides with a Ps2 tray that has screws on it. I don't see any screws on mine. There are these tabs that are holding it down though. But they don't move in anyway so I can't take the tray off. They are only on the right side, but the left side of the tray seems stuck onto the system. My console is a v9 Ps2 if needed.

Thanks