1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fat PS3 no video HELP!!!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by scoot89, Sep 27, 2012.

1. scoot89

scoot89 Member

http://youtu.be/5P4ct7Jb1WY

Ok I am at my wits end with this console. When I first got it only would overheat and cut off to blinking red lights after like 3 minutes so I took it apart and removed the GPU and CPU heat shields and cleaned them thoroughly using 91% isopropyl alchol. Well I reflowed both chips and applied thermal paste onto both chips under each heat shield and on top of heat shield but I get no video. I've checked the cables by using them on my other PS3 and it works on every TV in the house. I've tried going into recovery mode but I get no two beeps it just cuts off when holding down the power button. I've tried the video reset nothing will work does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

once its on can you sync a controller? does the hdd light blink when its on?

3. scoot89

scoot89 Member

No all I get are the 4 blinking lights even while using the USB cable. The only time the blue light blinks is when I put in a game. Other than that it doesn't come on.

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

reflow it again but only the rsx looks like a goner to me :( hope im wrong

5. scoot89

scoot89 Member

Before I took off the heat shield to the CPU I used to get video and sound. Do you think it may be that. I was very careful as I read even the slightest scratch will ruin that chip but its scratch free. I'm going to push pressure on the chip and see if I get video to see if theirs not enough pressure or not.