1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fat PSP Vs Slim PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by laddy5577, Sep 29, 2007.

1. laddy5577

laddy5577 Member

After looking at a slim PSP is it worth getting one as I have a white Fat PSP with modded firmware what is thw difference if any what should I do

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

lucky. i wanted a white psp since launch.

the slim does have some revisions.
    -better d-pad response and feel
    -double the internal memory
    -faster loading umd times (probably faster iso/cso times, too)
    -longer life on a small battery (can use the older batteries for even longer life, but cover will not fit)

only downfall is the new ta-085 motherboard. it doesn't accept the 1.50 kernel, so some homebrews won't work. the iR port is gone, so no more remote control. and the whole motherboard is redesign, so if you're hardcore and want a modchip, it won't work

you can stick with your trusty fat psp. it's capable of doing more.

3. laddy5577

laddy5577 Member

cool thanks because I had seen a sliver slim psp looked cool but didnt want to lose being able to mod it

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can still put custom firmware on the psp slim; you would still need your fat psp.

to get custom firmware on the psp slim, a modified version of pandora's battery/magic memory stick is needed. they can only be created on a fat psp running 1.50 or custom firmware.

5. laddy5577

laddy5577 Member

my question is 'is worth doing' my fat psp is in 3.40 OE-A can I take this higher if so how and where

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

is it worth doing the psp slim . . . only if you have money, or if it's your first psp.

the most stable cfw for the psp is 3.52 m33-4. 3.71 m33 is missing the 1.50 kernel, but is being released sometime.

follow this guide, made by member larrylje, and you will be taken to 3.52 m33-4 with no problems. before you start, backup your savegames on your memory stick, or use a seprate one.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007