1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fat Xbox 360 controller sync problems.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by GeoGoGo, Oct 28, 2014.

1. GeoGoGo

GeoGoGo Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I have run into an issue with my old 360. I am unable to wirelessly sync either of my controllers. If I plug either of them in with the play and charge cable, it sometimes takes overnight before the controller will sync. It is not a problem with the controllers themselves as they will sync without issue to my cousin's 360.

I have just replaced the RF board as I have seen mentioned online but that had no effect. If anyone as any other ideas or suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks very much for the time and have a great afternoon!

Respectfully,
    George D.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Be better to take it to a shop or someone who works on them or you'll end up buying more parts in the hope one works & possibly waste more money

3. richietea

richietea Regular member

There is a small trick that may work .As you have replaced the RF board its a difficult one to pin down.

4. andycast

andycast Member

I synced one this morning, this how I did it 1) switch xbox on
    2) power up controller
    3) press sync button on controller (a small button near the port for a cable)
    4) then press the sync button on the xbox itself it's just below the right hand side of the disc tray
    5) I also pressed power button on controller but I don't know if this is necessary, let us know how you get on.

5. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

sounds like the RF module is bad. Just get a new box