1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Fatal error #02" with viper gc.. what is it?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Fabiofigo, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Fabiofigo

Fabiofigo Member

Hi everybody,
    I've got a serious problem, I installed the viper gc modchip and since yesterday it worked perfectly.. But today, when I powered the cube, the disc didn't spin (but the led was lit) I heard no sound and no images (black screen)... I tried several times to reboot the cube and finally (after 40 or 50 times) I could se the image of cobra 0.4 saying "fatal error #02", so I turned off the cube and tried to reboot (again 40 times) and then it booted correctly.. My questions are: what's the matter with that? What is "fatal error #02" and when is it shown? Maybe something is wrong with the installation with the chip? (sounds weird, becouse, when I succed in booting the cube I can boot the games perfectly without any freeze).. I hope someone will help me. Thanks a lot for the attention..
    Fabio

2. Lazycus

Lazycus Member

Recheck your installation and all solder points. Specifically the yellow wire that connects to the leg of the chip - make sure it isn't touching anything else and that the insulation on the wire isn't cut and touching the heatsink or any part of the metal frame.

Don't know what the "#02" is.

3. joonsim

joonsim Member

I got same error.
    If you get any good news on your cube, then let me know.

4. molton

molton Member

make sure the yellow wire from your viper isn't touching any of the connections on the board or hitting the heatsink, I had to put a piece of electrical tape under the yellow wire in my gamecube because the wire was too close to the board, those wires do move around a little so you have to be carefull.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005