1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite PSP game?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by sinsaint, Mar 13, 2007.

1. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

im currently looking for a new game, preferable a fps game, but il also combine the thread into whats your fav game thread just incase anyone is looking for a new game.

PSP - Cross between Tekken:DR and Lumines.

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

the warriors is a guden. or burnout

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Initial D Street Stage is a wicked racing game, The Warriors and the GTA games are awesome too.

Right now.. my favorite is Sid Meier's Pirates, its really fun to play, and addicting. But i can't wait for Wangan Midnight Portable, suppose to come out Q2 2007. GT4 Mobile looks like something to look forward too, and God of War for PSP.

4. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

@MidnightJ
    iv got Sid Meier's Pirates but never even looked at it. what type of game is it?
    also, you got a ps3?

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Pirates you basically join a nation, English,Dutch,French or Spanish, and you hunt for treasure and destroy other enemy ships, it's hard to describe because there is a lot to the game, and can be played many different ways. I recommend getting it though. It is a real fun game once you learn to play. Takes along time to finish, and its a different game each time, since it goes by days,months and years. Like sometimes you will get quests that say some pirate guy was last seen here, that you have to kill, and it will log saying "He was last seen here 3 months ago" So it can take along time to finish all the quests.

I don't got a PS3 yet, but i want to get one eventually, they look great and seem like a lot of homebrew stuff will be developed for it. I saw some Japanese guy get Windows XP on it.

BTW i managed to downgrade my PSP and update to 3.03 OE-C, thanks for your help.

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

sweet. no bother. 3.03oe-c is the way forward i think.
    think i will get started on that game, sound pretty cool.
    i no its off topic but do you no if a us (ntsc) ps3 will work on a uk (pal) tv?

7. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

It will, if you get converters and stuff. Which you can get on Ebay. Basically you plug it in, and plug the NTSC cables into the converter so it displays right.

Yeah the Pirates game is somewhat cartoony, but is a lot of fun to play. Cartoony as in the way most of the characters look, but it doesn't ruin the game.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  8. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

9. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

nice one. good bye 360, hello import ps3.
    pirates is on the compression now. will have a blast of that.
    cheerz for the help mate.

10. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2007
  11. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

nice, i like it. definatly gonna get one now. cheerz. :)

12. xilicon

xilicon Member

metal gear: portable ops
    lumines 2
    NHL 2007
    Sid Meier's Pirates
    Virtua Tennis
    Loco Roco

13. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

just went out and bought Mach, its a good game when you start to do the dogfights races can be a bit boring.

i also downloaded Metal Gear:portable ops which is pretty cool game, dont like the first person view but gameplay is pretty cool and graphics are awsome, i would of been tempted to buy it, but its not out for like 4 - 5 months in the uk.

14. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

ye iv got that. its a big game like.

15. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

It's been out since december here, i heard that Ace Combat game for PSP was pretty good too, i might download it.

16. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

i just cant understand why its released in america 5 months prior to a UK release, it just makes me want to download it, if games were released in the UK as well as the US at the same time (also many other eu countries) sony would have a better market for games.

also what puts me off is £35 - £40 for new releases, i dont like spending that much on a game, especially if it might be utter crap (like i found out with Red Steel on Wii)

i just wish video game resellers and game develepors promote lower priced games, maybe even test it heck they will probably make a profit.

17. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Yeah and considering there is no region coding on games, they should come out the same time. I guess Sony thinks by waiting time to release a game later on, more people will be anticipating it, and hope it sells out the first week. I think that trend isn't going to work too long, with Ebay in the way of Sony. Easily import the game.

18. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i have to say the three best games for the psp in my opinion are:

*the warriors
    *GTA:VCS
    *Burnout dominator - got it a week before it even came out in the uk! :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  19. badblud

badblud Regular member

mAdden and medal of honrs

20. JPNxEVO

JPNxEVO Guest