1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Wii Games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by glenquag, Jan 5, 2008.

1. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I've just recently acquired a Wii and was wondering what games to get for it. At the moment all I've got is Wii Sports and Wii Play. I rented Dragonball Z BT 3 and that's pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros. Brawl and want to know how Super Mario Galaxy is. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Well if you like horror action Resident Evil 4 is good.

I'm a Mario fan from 'back in the day' but I'm probably one of the few that isn't that thrilled w/ SMG. I was probably expecting too much though I should probably play it more to give it a chance.
    If you can rent it give it a go.

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Thanks for the reply, Binkie. My friend owns Resident Evil 4, I haven't been there lately to try it though. I'll probably give it a go.

4. essadis

essadis Member

I've been playing SMG for the past couple of days and i find it is pretty fun almost like mario 64 but with its twists

5. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

6. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I liked Mario 64. Sounds like my kind of game!

7. discodog

discodog Guest

Super Mario Galaxy is just awesome! The artwork is very good and the game play is nice.

8. Butt101

Butt101 Regular member

Ok Here are some Wii Games you just have to get or at least try: SuperPaperMario, RE4, Zelda Twilight Princess, Brawl for Sure when it comes out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!

9. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I tried out Resident Evil 4 and it's awesome!

10. binkie7

Yeah it is pretty cool - though I suck at it and kept getting killed by the zombies :)

@wiichess
    Do you play Zelda with the crossbow or just regular Wii remotes? I have it just haven't played it cause I'm trying to make it a little farther in RE 4 first :)

11. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I hate those guys with Bags on their heads that run around with chainsaws in RE4. They creep my RIGHT out. You can hear them revving them up and ugghhh..

12. resievol

resievol Member

wait till you beat it and you play the extra games...Im not going to spoil it but you will know what im talking about when you get there. (referring to chainsaw guys)

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I just got Super Mario Galaxy the other day and starting playing it and thought it was pretty good.I'm not sure if you will like this game or not,but Metroid Prime:Corruption is a good game as well.Zelda Twilight Princess,and Resident Evil 4 are awesome games.I would probably recommend Resident Evil 4 if you don't have it yet,and it is pretty cheap to buy.Super Smash Bros is probably one of the best multiplayer fighting games I've played.Haha lol Mario in a bee suite is priceless though,fat little sucker buzzing around.

14. binkie7

It will take me awhile to beat RE4 but hopefully one day I will because I would love to play the extras. It's still one of my favs for the Wii though.

Yeah those chainsaw guys are creepy - I keep getting tangled up with them:)

15. MetalDan

MetalDan Member

Super Mario Galaxy is great, as everyone has been saying.

If you're looking for co-op, Trauma Centre: New Blood (the second one of the Trauma Centre series on the Wii) has a HORRIBLE story (and I do mean horrible, I had to underline and bold that) but great game play. Thankfully you can skip the story.

The Godfather is a pretty good port, and the fact that you have to mimic a lot of the actions (punching, choking and throwing guys through windows) is pretty cool.

Mario Strikers Charged isn't bad either.

16. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I'm going to try Godfather and Mario Strikers as MetalDan suggested.

17. bustafree

bustafree Member

i like links crossbow training with the wii gun. i was really bad when i fist started but now i really got good control with the wii gun and i beat all levels with platinum. there are alot of tricks and cheats in this game like for example if you shoot the scarecrow in the head to were it blows up and pop another one will appear you kill that one the same and it will take you to a special place in that level were you can gain alot of points.