1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem FCEUltra v17 on Xbox: Rewind feature refuses to work anymore

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Modify123, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Modify123

Modify123 Member

This is actually related to the original Xbox, but I didn't see a forum for it.

I have been running FCEUltra v17 on my original Xbox for like forever. In the last month or so the rewind feature of FCEUltra just quit working. I can enable it, but it will not rewind any game content anymore. Fast-forwarding still works great, but I really miss not having the rewind feature.

I have tried everything I know to get it back with no success. I have even deleted it from the Xbox and started over with a fresh downloaded version of FCEUltra v17. Also, though not sure if it’s relevant to the issue, but the rewind feature in ZSNES for the Xbox still works fine.

Here is what I have tried:

1. I have enabled/disabled the Automatically Enable Rewind in the General Settings.

2. Tried many different button assignments for the rewind feature.

3. Tried many different button assignments for toggling it on/off (I can toggle it on with the button assigned, but it still will not rewind)

4. I thought it may be the ROMS, so I uploaded backups of my originals and yet still the same problem. (It happens with any ROM I use)

5. Deleted the FCEUltra folder from the Xbox, including the save data in the E partition.

6. Deleted the temp folders from the Xbox: X, Y, Z.

7. Powered down the Xbox before attempting to reinstall FCEUltra, so nothing was left over in memory.

Any other suggestions?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. Modify123

Modify123 Member

Thank you, I will check it out.