1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features of 3.03 OE

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hpo56, Jan 19, 2007.

1. hpo56

hpo56 Regular member

If you guys didn't know dark_alex released a new custom firmware called 3.03 OE it currently has all of the features of the 3.03 including the web broswer. The only things taken out were the Location Free Player and Online Help Guide.

Here are a list of features:
    * Shows ISO in the game folder in XMB. Just make a folder named ISO in MS0:

* Has something called a recovery folder which will let you unbrick your PSP, Just press R button when booting the PSP. (Guide Below)

* Can play PSX games.

* You can change your icons in video Web Broser and the rest.

* You can add a custom gameboot.

* Runs %99.9 of all homebrew.

* Change from firmware 3.02 to 3.03

* Added support for compression in psx isos

Tell me if there's more I don't have time to complete the features.

Recovery Mode Guide:

To enter recovery mode press R while booting the PSP on.
    This may be able to work even if you psp is bricked even unbrick it by going back to 1.50. (In the recovery folder put the 1.50 firmware update eboot in the folder the select it to go back to 1.50 even if your psp is not brick maybe you just want to go back to 1.50 if you dont like it.)
    Has USB Mode support and has X to O button switch. You can download plugins and change clock speed or UMD speed.

Frequently Asked Questions

I don't like 3.03 OE-A firmware how to I go back to 1.50. Just read my Recovery Guide.

Q: Does 3.03 allow 2.00-2.80 Demos and 1.50 homebrew?
    A: Yes just go to recovery mode and switch to 1.50 kernel to play homebrew and switch back to 3.03 kernel to play the demos.

Q:Is this better than 1.50?
    A: It depends if you don't want all the 3.03 firmware features like the web browser psp camera all the sweet features on the 1.50 Remember this still plays homebrew.

* Is there a big risk of upgrading to this firmware?
    * NO very small chance almost impossible to brick and it is very quick it only takes like 1 Minute.

Q: What is firmware?
    A: Firmware is the kind of system version you have and from what I know 1.50 is the number one Original Sony firmware. It has more than 60% of all homebrew. Plus you can have the higher firmware features just by upgrading to a custom firmware.

PS I'm only 10 years old this Guide isn't professional or anything like that so just cut me some slack.

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Regular member

Thanks but 3.03 OE-B has been out for about 2 weeks now.....

3. iwillgetu

iwillgetu Regular member

yaaaaaaaaawwwwn

i think everybody already knows about this release.

4. hpo56

hpo56 Regular member

There are so many people asking for help maybe it's just some of you guys.

5. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

u didn't post a guide though, u posted general information and release notes.

guide would explain how to do well everything.