1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feb 09 DTV transistion question

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by ogstyle, Feb 15, 2008.

1. ogstyle

ogstyle Member

I thought that my tv was a analog and the channels I get from my cable company are analog also. My setup is a basically a direct cable line to my tv from my provider. My tv only has a Atsc, and ntsc tunner. Will this setup still work anter the chane over or will I have to have at least a clear cam box on each of my tv's. I have about 5 tv that do not have any type of box in the path. All but one of my tv's are from the 90's. Also will my vcr and series 2 Tivo still work. My Tivo is only 1 tunner and it can't do digital.

2. ogstyle

ogstyle Member

I still understand that my vcr will work. But will I still be able to record tv without a converter box?

3. Rustbuket

Rustbuket Member

The way i understand it is... Your cable provider will still deliver analog tv (or digital if you signed up to get digital) thru the cable wire.
    The only thing thats changing is the over the air broadcast channels that require a tv antenna to pick up.. Those over the air signals will be digital and you'd need a converter or a tv with a digital tuner in it..
    You should notice no change at all when the switch happens and your vcr will work just as it does now.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  4. ogstyle

ogstyle Member

Thanks for the reply That clears thing up for me. Thanks