1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fedora core 6 help

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by bmx3283, Feb 23, 2007.

1. bmx3283

bmx3283 Member

i got fedora to install but when i booted it up to log in i had like 5 screens and couldnt read anything is there w way to fix this or no?? any help would be thankful

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Sounds like some kind of problem with your bootloader. I'm sure there is a way to fix it but a lot more info would be needed. Your best option might be a fresh install on a properly partitioned and formated hdd.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I had something that sounds a little like this. A muddled up bsd server install that opened multiple layered terminal screens, none of which were active, but as whompus says, we need more info. It may be as sinple as your monitor refresh rate being unsupported.
    Try booting into recovery mode (how does fedora do that? not a clue) and having a look in your xorg.conf file.

One thing does concern me slightly reading a lot of these *nix threads recently. The number of typos in the posts. If command line typing is as erratic then there isn't much hope for a working *nix system ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007