1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Quizzical

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WelshBoa, Jan 2, 2004.

1. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Just wondered if anyone could help me with a question I have. I have successfully (most times) backed up my DVD's with Shrink & Nero as well as using Nero Recode.

I have decided to go with just the Nero Burning Rom and have made copies with this. However, although the first few times I did this I followed DVD Guides to the tee, (such as Chris McCanns excellent guides) I feel now I would like to learn more of the science behind it!!

What I mean is, when you click on DVD in the burning rom guide, you get many options such as DVD-Rom ISO, DVD-Rom Boot, DVD-Rom UDF, DVD Rom UDF-ISO.

I would just like to know what the difference is between all these different types and what difference they would make if you used them, I basically know what an ISO image is, but the rest, apart from following guides really mean nothing to me!

I know its a bit of an anorak's question, but I would like to have more of an understanding of these.

If anyone could point me in the direction of links ( I have done searches but its hard to limit it down) or if anyone has time I would be grateful.

Cheers

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The Other DVD Formats in Nero are Not for Video..These are so you can Burn Data to DVD"s like you would a Regular CD, they are Just different data Durning formats and Bootable Burning formats very simular to the CD Burning formats....