1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fellow Coders

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ProStyl3, Oct 23, 2004.

1. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey ProStyl3 what code do you program in.I would like to know what kind of code would be the best for GameCube to even help out.I am thinking C++ or something like that right.I have no clue on how to code,but it seems like the right idea.Instead of building a new loader though,why not work on messing with the internal drive in it to alter the code in that right.

3. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

Gamecube uses it's own code but it is like C or C++ thier is a compiler called GCC and are you saying to alter the drive read code so it could read burned isos that have been ripped. If so this I think could be done but thier is so much confusion on how the Gamecube reads isos that we wouldn't know were to start. That is why many think it would be best just to begin a knew loader since we have loaders already that we can fiddle with.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Oh alright man,sounds cool either way you go to be honest.I was just trying to think of a way to go about messing with the drive to be honest.I think if you actually flip it the other way around and use the internal drive inside the GameCube instead of using a server it would fix the flaws everybody is having.I know it seems like everybody has given up on GC,but still I think there are alot of people working on other systems that just don't have a clue on how to code for GC.I always want to help out as much as I can,but I have no clue also on how to code for GC.

5. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

I'm not a coder but, it is cool that you are keeping up the good fight. I'm just curious why animal crossing loader? I think it goes without saying, if you could get this new loader to work with PSO plus, that would be great.

I wish I knew more about coding because I think it would be more interesting to make a loader from the gameboy player. I would like to know how to poll the system of all its hardware.

6. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

just putting this thread back up... rofl
    Cuz it is very important to continue the search for a bunch of guys to modify an existing or create a new loader!!!
    Everybody do a brainstorm here and try to look at other forums so we can work together to progress to a loader that will be able to stream at 100% capacity.
    I believe this step is not so far anymore cuz people allready got the cubes SDK running on a linux machine and there are tools to debug the SDK...
    I think it would be very sad to give up the gamecube.

nuff said!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

GrMbL