1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferrox v1.0

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by pony3, May 10, 2007.

1. pony3

pony3 Member

Okey assume that Ferrox is comming out today.. but! After a putting a thought into it, how do you place a 5-16gb games on ur internal ps3 drive!? or boot from external hhd?

Heres the problem:
    PS3 DONT read/recognize an external drive running NTSF as a systemfile
    PS3 DOES read FAT32 but .. fat32 DONT allows files larger than 4gb

so how do u put a game on ur ps3 OR boot it directly from the external HDD unless the game is not larger than 4 gb?

blueray disk n b-ray burner are an expensive solution
    linux and yellow dog are a complicated solution .. so

the challenge is awake, if someone knows.. please help

2. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

RAR. duh.

3. pony3

pony3 Member

ferrox is an iso loader .. not rar-loader
    and u cant put rars into ps3 and getting them into an iso without help of linux

4. dreamer2

dreamer2 Regular member

i doubt that any loader is coming out soon.

5. astro_boy

astro_boy Member

Dear dear Pony3.... Please read from other thread "I just finished connecting a 500GB SATA Hard Drive to my PS3!!!!" You can find some answers there.

Like I've explain earlier, HDD have to be EXT3 format if you have file bigger than 4GB and wants your PS3 to recognise it. How to transfer ISO files? Read in that thread mentioned.

6. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

ok maybe i have to do a little bit more clarifying for you, pony3. rar the image into an rar archive, put those onto the hdd, then unrar them and BAM! you have your image on your hdd.

7. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Count Down is herrreee.... To nothing.......

8. pony3

pony3 Member

what? ... how did rar get into the picture .. and why in the hell do i wanna have rars on my hdd ... we talking about booting isos .. to play games on ps3 .. now how does rar helps me?

9. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

calm down. you asked how you were supposed to get an image file larger than 4gb onto an external hdd that is FAT32 and you do this by RARing the image file into an archive, transferring that onto the exteranl hdd, then extracting the image onto the hdd. OK????

10. pony3

pony3 Member

hum will that work? k, thanx

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you think about it putting images on the harddrive at the moment doesn't accomplish anything unless you plan on analyzing them.There is no loader coming out and there isn't one in the works.The best thing at the moment that I can actually tell you all is the Infectus modchip.The modchip is designed by the same people that made the Globe360 and NME modchips for the XBox 360.They also designed the O2 modchip for the PS2 system.I don't see any hack coming out anytime soon and it is sad to see most people believe there is one.

12. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Ok...back to the point of this thread.... is it being released 12:00pm central time??? LOL...j/k.....

13. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

if the modchip makers are listening, can't you make a chip that will work with either an .ISO or a .RAR file? I notice that the rars of the PS3 games are sometimes 20% or more smaller than the ISO. Since the games are going to get bigger and bigger, being able to compress them into a RAR seems the best way to save HDD space.

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If space is an issue then they will resort to Blu-Ray media.The problem with using .Rar files is the speed it would read it at,which would create a bunch of problems.Instead of just reading the image,it would have to decompress it as well.You have to picture it in emulation,which to be honest with you I don't think would work to well.