1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few Q's bout Backup loading

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gravegod, Nov 6, 2004.

1. gravegod

gravegod Member

What's up guyz I read a few older threads and tried following the instruction on them but I guess I'm still doing something wrong since my efforts are futile.

Here is the thing. I have 2 ps2's. One's a V1 and the other V9. My V1 barely loaded up my SM DVD 2.0 disk and never loaded up the CD version 3.0 (alwayz gave me an error). Well I sent it in to get it fixed and it came back w/ a new laser (I think) which now does the opposite. It reads CD v3.0 and cannot even recognize the DVD v2.0. My V9 ps2 only reads the DVD v2.0 and never loads CDv3.0 since its an older version and from the threads I read I need a 3.2.

I wouldn't need the cd v3.2 since most of my backup's are on DVD-5. But I later found that some of them need a bigger TOC files so I downloaded the CDLOADER (don't know which version 1-6 or 7+fix?). I used the cdloader method on my roommates V4 or 5 ps2 and it worked flawlessly w/ Mafia, Soul Caliber II etc. Well as you can see my new V1 ps2 will not read DVD2.0 SM disk and my V9 ps2 will not read CDV3.0 so I'm stuck with both of my ps2's and still cannot play Mafia, SCII, RatchetnClank Up your Arsenal + many others.

Well I recently found a thread that talked about DVDLoader. I downloaded the DVDLoader and used it on my V9 ps2 w/ the DVD 2.0. Inserted DVD 2.0 till Insert Disk Screen then popped in DVDLoaderv7ALL thru Fliptop and pressed x. Here is where I get stuck. The disk keeps spinning at a low speed. I can see the laser repeating itself at the same spot. Am I doing somethign wrong here? If so plz help. I tried using the loader on my V1 ps2 using the CD v3.0. I swapped it and the CD just spins violently.

Now I heard of SM v3.3 coming out soon which also has a new DVD v3.3 in it. You guyz think that would help me solve my issue on my V1 ps2. Obviously it will fix my V9 issue but I would like both of my ps2's working the way I want.

Anywayz I thought the DVD loader was supposed to be used in place of SM CDv3.2 if you didnt have it. Is that right? Any help will be appreciated.

Anywayz here is my last resort. If someone has SM CD v3.2 and use it for your V4,5,6 or 7 will you be willing to swap it with me for my v3.0 since they work w/ those version ps2's. I know its a long shot for this to happen but if someone is willing to do so, I'd appreciate it very much.

thanks for reading my long description and I would really appreciate your help on my issue. Thanks in advance for replying.

2. gravegod

gravegod Member

BTW I also forgot to add about CogSwapLoader V1.0. I saw this on SWAPMAGICFIX.com, what is the difference between that and CDLOader? I know its a n00b question but plz dont flame. I'm tired of searching so I'd appreciate your help rather than search nazi's flaming me.