1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few Questions reguarding PSP 3.03 Downgrade

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jbizzle23, Jun 8, 2007.

1. jbizzle23

jbizzle23 Guest

Hey there everyone,

Now I currently own a 3.03 PSP. It has the TA-082 motherboard (IC1003) and is pretty much factory new. The factory unit was a 2.81 firmware, which I recently upgraded to 3.03 Like most people, I have been contemplating downgrading to the 1.5 using Noobz 3.03 downgrader. I thought about using HEN, but then would rather downgrade.

Now if I follow the steps in the guide exactly, what are the chances of me ending up with a brick? It seems a lot of people have suceeded in downgrading, and I want to be one of them. So I have these questions:

1. Do any of these affect the chances of bricking?
    a) Original version of firmware
    b) Size of memory card used
    c) Any other files on the memory card

2. Why do certain PSP's brick? Not the exact reason why, but it seems to me that even if you follow the guide, there is still a small chance of bricking. Is it just there are some rogue PSP's out there that want to die? Is everyone who has a brick done something wrong? (eg. Wrong file names / location, Low battery) Have there been certain times when someone has followed every step perfectly and still ended up with a brick?

3. Does anyone actually know the exact chances of bricking if you follow the steps exactly?

This is my PSP history, and all questions should be answered on this:

Bought PSP, version 2.81 (Letter L on the box)
    Upgraded to 3.03
    That's it!

Any feedback would be appreciated!

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Okay, for the previous version you were on, no it won't affect brickage. The size of the memory card might if you have over a 2gig because you can't use that on 1.5, though i don't think it could brick it. I have downgraded 2 PSP's with that downgrader and both successfully. You'll be fine. There is a very slim chance of brickage if you follow the instructions exactly.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  3. jbizzle23

jbizzle23 Guest

Thanks for that, also I currently have a 2 gig card :p So should I try to find a smaller one, because I would want to upgrade to 3.40 OE after.

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Nope, 2gig should work. I'm pretty sure it's only 4gig that doesn't work on anything less then 2.60/2.80. You can use your memory card. But if you want to get a bigger one once you are on 3.40oe-a it will work. 3.40oe-a supports all memory cards.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  5. jbizzle23

jbizzle23 Guest

Cheers man, Giggidy!

One last question, what firmware do I need to upgrade to 3.40 OE-A? I can't seem to find it anywhere, I don't think 3.03 would work, but could I go from 3.03, to 1.5 and then to 3.03 OE or 3.40 OE? Is that the quickest way?

6. jbizzle23

jbizzle23 Guest

Also sorry, are the 1.5 and 3.4 updaters needed to goto 3.40 OE just the official sony ones? The ones being 13mb and 21mb respectively?

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

you can just go from 1.5 directly to 3.40OE using the easy winstaller-it takes like 3 minutes to upgrade!

8. jbizzle23

jbizzle23 Guest

Thanks, but I transfer using my computer's card reader, I don't have the PSP USB cable. Can I still use the Windows Installer using my memory card reader, or would I have to use the zip file version of 3.40 OE?

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I imagine you could drag and drop the install files directly to the memory card in the ISO folder, and then run the program from there.