1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Few questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by aPseudonym, May 19, 2011.

1. aPseudonym

aPseudonym Member

So I recently bought an xbox 360 that was already modded. It was cheap and I didn't think to ask any questions about it. I just know it works as it came with a few burnt games. About (20), a few of them are quite new so I know they were recently burnt.

My questions are:

1.) I have no idea what kind of mod it is, does that matter? If so, why does it matter and how will that change things?

2.) I began downloading a game. I don't know if there are certain kinds of games that will / will-not work. Although I did read through a guide (on afterdawn) on how to burn a game, it said there are three types, straight rips, xtreme rips, prepatched rips. Unfortunately, the game I'm downloading doesn't say what it is! Is there a way to be sure whether or not my xbox will play the game once burnt? (before burning it)

3.) Probably a silly question, how do I find out which firmware I have?

4.) Ignore this question if it's forbidden. I did read over the rules quickly and it said no advertising mods, so perhaps this falls under the same category; Where is the best place to download games? I usually just search torrent sites. Perhaps there's a better way? I did searches but 99% of the ones I've found require paid membership, I don't feel comfortable paying for something I don't know is going to work.

P.S. Sorry if these are "noob" questions. Please don't bash me too hard.

--- I CAN take pictures of any part of the xbox 360 if requested. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. GI2

GI2 Regular member

1. Somehow it is important. Does yuor XBOX play AP 2.5 games like NFS: Hot Pursuit or COD: Black ops or MW2?

2.Try ABGX. You can get the download at my "noob-ish" tutorial here.

3.Go to settings, then to you system settings/Console settings... (I'll give you a more detailed answer once I get back home.)

4. Ain't answering it. But here's a hint. Click here.

3. aPseudonym

aPseudonym Member

1.) Yes, it plays all those games.
    2.) Will check it out tomorrow morning
    3.) Same as number 2.)
    4.) lol @ google.com (I tried there, that's where I found all the paid sites.

I was waiting for your reply, as you said you'd give a more detailed response once you got home, but that was nearly 2 hours ago and just thought I'd go ahead and write my response to you now then. Thanks a lot for the reply. Is it OK to private message you? Perhaps you could give me the more detailed reply in a private message? Or via messenger/email. That'd be easiest as you could simply walk me through it (assuming you have the patience and are interested). Again, thanks.

4. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

Q: I have no idea what kind of mod it is, does that matter? If so, why does it matter and how will that change things?
    A: Only matters if you do a dashboard update or play on Xbox LIVE

Q: I began downloading a game. I don't know if there are certain kinds of games that will / will-not work. Although I did read through a guide (on afterdawn) on how to burn a game, it said there are three types, straight rips, xtreme rips, prepatched rips. Unfortunately, the game I'm downloading doesn't say what it is! Is there a way to be sure whether or not my xbox will play the game once burnt? (before burning it)
    A: Any ripped 360 game that has a .iso and a .dvd file should be able to be played on your console.

How to Burn Games: http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...he_stealth_way_fool-proof_and_updated-873438/
    How to stealth games with abgx: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/732074

Remeber to download the video isos after so that all games can be read and stealthed with abgx

Q: Probably a silly question, how do I find out which firmware I have?
    A: You can only determine what firmware you have with jungleflasher if you connect your xbox 360 dvd drive to pc

Q: Ignore this question if it's forbidden. I did read over the rules quickly and it said no advertising mods, so perhaps this falls under the same category; Where is the best place to download games? I usually just search torrent sites. Perhaps there's a better way? I did searches but 99% of the ones I've found require paid membership, I don't feel comfortable paying for something I don't know is going to work.
    A: Ill send you a PM with good sites to use

5. GI2

GI2 Regular member

Yeah PM me or b1gh3ad would be good.

I never thought someone would recommend my tutorial. Thanks man. Really appreciate it.

6. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

your guide was the only proper abgx tutorial here..everything else was xdvdmullter

7. GI2

GI2 Regular member

Thanks.