1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FF-12 won't work on my ps2, but will work on my friends 4 y/o one

Discussion in 'PS2 - Games' started by Tical2k7, Jun 12, 2007.

  1. Tical2k7

    Tical2k7 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    I just bought Final Fantasy 12 yesterday and I tried it out on my ps2 and it just goes To the Blackscreen / Browser, it detects it in the browser but it does no more, the lazer skips a bit on it, but its the only game that does it on, I was playing it fine on my friends 4 year old fat ps2 and it worked but my 2 year old scph-70002 slimline wont work, the retailers said to take it to a ps2 store for them to upgrade the soft/firmware in it. would that help it ? can i do that myself? does anyone know a solution thanks
     
  2. core2kid

    core2kid Regular member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2007
    Messages:
    2,441
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    I have never heard of upgrading the software/firmware in a PS2 and I don't think that that will solve the problem (though I may be wrong, there may be ways of doing it) I think your PS2 is starting to have laser problems. The slimline's have a tendency to heat up damaging the laser. You did say that you hear a clicking sound so this could also be that the laser is just not traveling up and down the worm gear correctly. You might want to try to clean the worm gear that the PS2 laser travels on. I will post pics if needed.
     
  3. Tical2k7

    Tical2k7 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    Messages:
    27
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Alright, I'lltry that, but I don't see why it would be on this game but nothing else, ive got around 40 other games and a good 90% of them work (the other 10% being scratched to death from constant playing) but thanks for the info ill give it a shot
     
  4. core2kid

    core2kid Regular member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2007
    Messages:
    2,441
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    Try going back to the store and swapping the game out. Just tell them it doesn't work. FF games also do have a tendency to be rough on the PlayStation because they are intense in graphics and things. You might want to check on Google to see if that specific game has problems running on some PS2's. Also make sure that your PS2 is getting adequet cooling.
     

Share This Page