1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FF 7 help.

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by scottyman, Jul 9, 2007.

1. scottyman

scottyman Member

I have final fantasy 7 files ( eboot and keys) for my psp and have completed the first disc. When i go to load the second disc my save games are not found. Is there a way of getting my saved games to work with out having to rip the game again ( i dont have the original game any more) or with out having to start the game again???i just want to be able to use the files and saved games i already have. please help!

Thanks in advanced

2. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

1st- Did you convert the files into EBOOT's yourself, or did you download them that way?

3. scottyman

scottyman Member

I downloaded them that way.

4. scottyman

scottyman Member

5. Rayearth

Rayearth Member

i have the same problem with ff9, i have tried moving game saves about but it just aint happening

6. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been out of town.

The reason your gamesaves are not transfering: The disc files that you downloaded have different game save id's.

Example: the Disc 1 may save the data as ULUS-9463 while the Disc 2 data could be ULUS-5930. The second disc will not look for savadata under the ULUS-9463 format.

The Fix: Because you don't have the original anymore the correlate the savedata code, here's a way to bring your savadata file from one to the other.

1st: Download CWCheat from HERE.

2nd: Follow CWCheat's readme and install it onto your PSP, making sure to enable it from your recovery menu.

3rd: Open up FFVII Disc 1 on of your PSP. When the game starts, hold select to open up the CWCheat menu. Go to manage memory cards and export the slot with your data onto it. (I don't have my PSP on me, but I believe it would say something like Save Memory Card Slot One and have a file number to save it to along the bottom [i.e. 000])

4th: Open up FFVII Disc 2 on your PSP. When the PSX logo starts to play, hold select again to open up the CWCheat menu. Again,. go to manage memory cards except this time import/load the slot that you just saved, making sure that the file number along the bottom is the same that you exported to.

5th: Hopefully continue playing your game.