1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FF VII Disk Swap

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by kceoir, May 7, 2007.

1. kceoir

kceoir Member

Con someone explain to me in detail how to sitch from disk 1 to disk 2 on the PSP

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

u save in disk one, quit the game, load disk 2 and load the game

3. btate0121

btate0121 Member

its actually a lot more compliacated than that. I'm going to assume that your copies are legal. ok.. here we go..

you need to make sure that the Game ID for all 3 (or 4) discs are the same. no clue what i'm talking about eh? well.. let me direct your attention to the saved games folder on your memory card. each folder is named according the game id of the particular game it belongs to.. this is how each game knows which file to load. for instance ... you'll see a folder labeled "SLUS52613" or something like that. thats a game ID. You ever notice that ALL games are named eboot.pbp? and each save file is saved in some gibberish folder with a funky name? well.. each eboot file has a code in it. different game id.. means different save file.. meaning.. if you've got a game with multiple discs... only the eboot files with the same code will read from the same saved game file.

this is the long way of saying.. you need to get the games on the same code. Can this be done? *gasp*... of course it can.. and in the process.. if you're looking to add some custom graphics to your files (the background and icon that load when you highlight a game from the xmb menu) that can be done too. do a google search for PSX2PSP... that's what you need my friend. if you need a how to.. just talk back at me and i'll help you out.

4. kceoir

kceoir Member

Thanks for the info I'm going to try it on my own but if I need help I'l let you know

5. kceoir

kceoir Member

Again thanks for putting me on the right track sometimes I just need a liittle direction. If you hadent already guessed everything went smooth as silk.