1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ffmpegx avi to Dvd

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by cederrowe, Dec 21, 2007.

1. cederrowe

cederrowe Member

Trying to convert a Avi file to Dvd and wondering what dvd format to select on the Dvd side?
    There are several options
    1. dvd-lo
    2. dvd-mpeg2enc
    3.dvd-ffmpeg
    4. KDvd
    What do I choose for burning a dvd to play on home dvd player? Thanks.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

I left this overnight to see if a mac user would come along but...

This is for linux/unix. I don't know the mac application you are using, but I would assume as macs are unix underneath the gui program will be using the same tools under the skin.

Is anything here any help?

http://www.burningbits.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3804

3. stmifx

stmifx Member

To convert AVI to DVD format you can choose DVD ffmpeg encoding option. Once the encoding is done you should have two folders AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS underneath the top folder you selected before letting ffmpefX encode.

Now you can verify the encoding before burning it onto a DVD or you can skip this part & burn it.

To verify :

Go to Applications>Utilities>Disc Utility. From the Disc Utility menu select File>New>Disc Image from folder.
    At this point choose the top folder to which you encoded the AVI file as DVD. Once this process is done you should have a disc image.
    Right click on it & select Mount It. You should see new disk in your finder window, try playing it using DVD Player application.

OR

Simply play VOB files using VLC. If they play fine then encoding worked properly.

Burn:

Burn your encoded files as DVD using Toast or DVD2One. Read product documentation for both before deciding which one to use.

I personally use Toast to burn DVDs.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007