1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFX Backup Freezing Problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Mr_Shrimp, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Mr_Shrimp

Mr_Shrimp Member

I made a backup of FFX using Alcohol 120% on a TDK DVD-R disc. in most cases it plays fine but....
    1) in some FMV cutscenes (e.g. When Sin attacks the boat when you leave Besaid near the beginning) it lags up for a while and skips.
    2) After that and after Kilika, you go back on the boat to go to Luca right? in that section you do the Jecht Shot challenge and then you have to talk to Yuna. I do that and after the talk with Yuna it does the whole black screen, sleep music thing as in, we all go to bed now... Trouble is, after the little tune plays, the black screen stays. I can hear the ocean but there is just a black screen and it doesn't go away.
    Any ideas?
    It is a PAL backup on a PAL v5 ps2 using Swap Magic DVD.

2. jtc982

jtc982 Member

try using a different media. i use rytek + and - dvdr's works awesome on every game

3. cdmuncher

cdmuncher Member

well,the only thing i can think of is that either its cheap media or the disk is dirty,i learned this from a member,clean it with sun screen or toothpaste with tp,might sound crazy,but i used it and it works

4. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I doubt its the media. I have been using TDK all the time with no problems. What i suggest doing is burning the game on a TDK +r disk instead of a -r. This solved the problem with san andreas which had loading problems on v9 consoles when burned to a -r disk.