1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFXI on a modded PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by CyberA, Jan 7, 2005.

1. CyberA

CyberA Member

Yes I know, people are sick of me asking questions. But I finally have the money to do it now and am planning to call Sony to repair my lens over the weekend, after which I will send it to norcalmods.

I have a V4 PS2 and am planning to install a Matrix Infinity modcihp in it.

Anyway though, out of all the questions I have asked........ the one that I can't seem to find an answer to is: Will I still be able to play Final Fantasy XI Online with this chip isntalled?

Of course I will have to turn the chip off, thats a given, but will it still work? Can anyone actually confirm that it will? If not, is there anything I can do? (Like putting an on-off switch on the modchip's power wire or something?)

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

People have reported issues with their modchips getting disabled after running the installation for FFXI. As far as I know the only way to re-enable the modchip is to uninstall FFXI. It appears that the HDD setup installs a DNAS check for all games, not just online enabled.