1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fifa '07 and '08 going onlin

Discussion in 'PS2' started by WEStar, Nov 11, 2007.

1. WEStar

WEStar Active member

connecting to fifa 07 or 08 it passes DNAS but then gives me the error message "the connection to ea servers could not be established" anybody else getting this happen to them? around the time fifa 08 was released (1 month ago or so) it started happening to fifa 07, I didn't think much of it 'cause I thought they may have shut down the fifa 07 servers but now it happens with fifa 08 as well. Anybody have any feedback?

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

check ur connection to ur ps2 and maybe ur ea account is messed up.

3. raebie

raebie Guest

I have just backed up fifa 08 from original. I patched the dnas the same way i always do and i have never had a game online not working yet.Fifa 08 only connects for a second then disconnects and says you have lost your connection to the ea server do you want to reconnect
    so i did and the samething happened again. I tried the original
    game and i never had a problem connecting with that atall. Has anyone else had this same issue

4. huru_hara

huru_hara Member

me also..
    match started ...
    then disconnected..

5. raebie

raebie Guest

I did not even get to start a match i just logged in and as soon as i did i got disconnected. I know you can get disconnected sometimes but usaully when you reconnect it works. I tried about 30 times and it just wont stay connected. So i tried the original game that i copied it from and it connected no problem but my copy just wont stay connected please help

6. WEStar

WEStar Active member

zoom, my connection is fine there's nothing wrong with, like I said I pass the dnas which means I do connect even through the main menu it says I am connected. I can get connected to hotshots golf fore and NHL 07, had problems with fifa 07 (which used to work fine) fifa 08 and madden 08, so it's gotta be someting else.

7. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

call ea games and ask what is wrong might be settings or their servers

8. raebie

raebie Guest

Mine passes the dnas as well but it disconnects as soon as i go online
    i play loads of games online and i dont have any problems with them.
    Thanks for the help anyway i will try something else

9. WEStar

WEStar Active member

ea support sucks, I was conversing with them through their site and the issue supposedly got escelated to their engineers, then I checked again and my question was gone, evethough it said I still have the issue open, I didn't get anything else back.

10. vdopeyv

vdopeyv Member

i have the same issue... goes all through the dnas then when it sas "connecting to EA server..." i get the "connection to EA server could not be established. would you like to retry?"
    so i cant seem to get it to connect

11. tsiviotis

tsiviotis Guest

I too have the same issue !! it started 2 days ago. when i get on the fifa07 menu it logs me in but as soon as i try to play online i get the white screen with the DNS servers msg etc.. any luck ?? did anyone resolve this by reinstalling?? plz help.

12. tsiviotis

tsiviotis Guest

ok, i found a possible solution here: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...y4yMTUwJnBfY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

QUESTION
    I keep getting "This program cannot display the webpage" when I try and sign into my game, what can I do?
    spacer
    Answer

There was a new security update that is causing an issue when logging into EA Sports games. Currently removing the KB942615 will resolve the issue an allow you to log back into the game.

To remove the security update:

1. Click on the Start button.
    2. Click on Control Panel, or Settings, then Control panel.
    3. Double click on Add or Remove Programs.
    4. Click on the show updates button.
    5. This will list all the updates that have been installed on your system. Scroll down and there should be a listing for Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615) and click on the remove button.

Once removed you will be prompted to restart and once you have restarted you should be able to sign in again.

Hope this helps us ...

13. smoov

smoov Member

i tried removing the update and this made no difference..

i cant understand that if this is a problem with the servers that ea havnt put an announcement with regards to it..

i was playing fifa 08 backed up, fine no probs.. then about a month ago it just wouldnt connect.. saying that id lost connection to ea servers.. i was then gettin a connection every 10 trys, then as soon as id played 1 game it would go straight after..
    now today i cant get it to connect at all..

what i dont get is that i can play fifa 07 and tiger 08 and pro 08 online..??

am i missing something or what???

14. BIGBEFFY

BIGBEFFY Guest

HI GUYS THE Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615) UPDATES IS THE PROB FOR THE This program cannot display the webpage" AND NOT JUST ON FIFA 07/08. AND ALL SO IT IS ONE OF SEC ROM S UPDATES FOR Explorer F@@K . SO GUYS LOOK OUT GAMEING HELL . SO BACK TO THE PROBLEM AT HAND tsiviotis IS SPOT ON NICE ONE BUD KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BRO

15. WEStar

WEStar Active member

what does internet explorer have anything to do with this... I posted in ps2 forum so I have no idea why anyone would think I'm talking about the pc version of this game.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  16. tsiviotis

tsiviotis Guest

WEStar (Senior Member) 20. January 2008 @ 15:03
    what does internet explorer have anything to do with this... I posted in ps2 forum so I have no idea why anyone would think I'm talking about the pc version of this game.

nobody is talking about a "IE7 PROBLEM PLZ CALL MICRO$OFT" but a "CANNOT CONNECT" type of msg, which in this particular case occurs after this update. The msg isnt platform specific. Even on a cell phone u 'd get that msg; it means that fifa can't connect becauze of a blockage of some kind.

ANYWAY, still havent fixed it ?? did anyone try to reapply the IE7 patch and see what happens ? I dont want my box to explode on my because of lazy ea programmers ! Cmon already !