1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fifa or pes

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by pongo_101, Aug 2, 2007.

1. pongo_101

pongo_101 Guest

i am wonderin which game is better fifa or pes cos at the moment i want to buy 1 but im not sure which 1 wot is better?

2. ehsan_c

ehsan_c Guest

PES is the best

3. pongo_101

pongo_101 Guest

ok but y?

4. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

i prefer FIFA becuase of all the official licences and stuff. But i may be getting both :)

5. pongo_101

pongo_101 Guest

wot has the better gameplay

6. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

Most people say PES has the better game play but i think they're both good games.

7. sayc0002

sayc0002 Member

PES has a fully operational edit mode so you can make replica kits, correct team names, etc. You don't even have to edit it yourself, just download a edited option file and transfer it to your memory card or HD. With this function makes PES better than FIFA, it has game play AND an edited version of the licenses.

8. lfc505050

lfc505050 Regular member

Why not get both...

9. dhain

dhain Guest

PRO EVO IS A LEGAND FIFA IS NO WHERE AS GUD AS IT, PRO EVO FEELS LYK UR PLAYIN REAL FOOTBALL FIFA FEELS FAKE PRO EVO WILL B THE BEST IF THEY GET ALL LICENSES BUT THATS WER FIFA BEATS IT

10. pongo_101

pongo_101 Guest

wot will b the best 08 1?

11. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

not even.fifa is way better graphics are way better.i downloaded pro evolution soccer 2007 and it's the worst graphics and it's a bunch of fake players so there's no fun in that.trust me get fifa.

12. sayc0002

sayc0002 Member

If you like that arcade style of play, sure it can be fun. But if you want to play football for what it really is, get PES.

BTW, the players on FIFA look NOTHING like the players in real life. PES is much better in player profile. The PS2 version is lacking in the graphics dept, but wait for the 08 version to come out on the PS3. I've played the 360 version and the graphics are fantastic. To me, gameplay is always over graphics otherwise wheres the fun in it.

13. pongo_101

pongo_101 Guest

thanks my mate sed about the online on fifa stops wenth enew fifa comes out is this true and does it happen on pes

14. qasim1991

qasim1991 Regular member

i doubt thats true. but im gonna go apart from all these people saying PES/FIFA is the best but not helping in any way. EXPLAIN THATS WHY THIS GUY MADE THIS THREAD. anyways...

I myself prefer PES, because the gameplay is more fluid, its more free and the graphics are better (eg the players faces look more like their real counterparts) the problem with pes is: CRAPPY commentary, only a few licenses (although this can be fixed by getting option files from the net which have fully licensed players, teams, kits, etc. www.pesgaming.com) and the fact that when you see the players running, it looks slightly less realistic than fifa.

Fifa is very restricted in its gameplay, it has too many extra little things that make it more complicated. You don't ever feel like you have full control over the ball. Also, Fifa feels rehearsed, because after you play a while you realise that if you do a certain thing then a certain thing will happen. This is not the case with PES: the gameplay is dynamic and you don't know what will happen next even if your in a one-on-one situation for example, or if you cross it into the box. PES is much more simpler than Fifa, capturing the true essence of football/soccer. Fifa's only upsides are the good and realistic commentary, and the licenses. Also, you can play all the english leagues like the Championship, Conference, League 1+2, so if you want to play with teams like these then Fifa would spring to mind (although there is an option file on the website i mentioned before with all these leagues in it, PS ADMINS: im in no way advertising the site, just suggesting it as an alternative, because ive used it and its pretty good for PES).

Overall i think PES beats Fifa by far, so you're definite best bet would be to buy PES6 or just wait a few months to buy PES7

15. Hurmpie

Hurmpie Guest

FIFA ofcourse, they got the experience in making football games.
    That's like Intel or AMD, Playstation or Crapbox...
    Quality or quantity...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  16. qasim1991

qasim1991 Regular member

fifa hasn't got quality! PES graphics and gameplay are much better and realistic so yeah its quality (PES's graphics and gameplay) over quantity (the amount of licenses FIFA has)

your choice.

17. i1der

i1der Member

License???? who cares... we have OPTION FILE... Its available everywhere and it can be fix for free... Get the best, get PES, is the right choice...
    I guess you've never tried PES... PES is been the best Futebol, Football, Soccer game ever, since the 1st one... much more experience than EA Fifa has, cause they always got it right... FIFA doesn't actually make the game it self... it just a license for use the name... BTW AMD have been better than Intel lately Buddie...

18. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

Pfft, thought it was obvious. PES

19. zarwen

zarwen Member

Fifa 2008 for the GFX as have to admit it does look amazing and after playing Pro Evo 2007 on xbox 360 it was pathetic, But pro evo has the better game play by far its a challenge to score a goal they make you work for it, unlike Fifa you can get from one side of the pitch to the other in less then 10 secs

I would say Pro evo hands down but Fifa is slowly working its way up to pro evo standards still has a long way to go though

20. pongo_101

pongo_101 Guest

which has better online cos that is a big part of it