1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fight night round 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MRC513420, Mar 13, 2005.

1. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

hi guys if someone can help please help i usually use the dnas patcher for my online games however fight night round 2 and some of the newer games do not match the patch, from reading i assume that will have to rebuild the iso image and patch the file with another patch i have found i just dont know how to rebuild the image im using some instructions i found on here which consist of using dvd decrypter, iso buster, cddvdgen(which wont load on my pc)does anyone no where to find a method that works or tell me what im doing wrong i have been backing up my games for a while, done about fifty just never had any thing this complex or maybe im still just a newb i usually just use nero quick copy for games not containing dnas and dvd decryptor and the dnas patch i found which up until these few games has worked great any imput or soulutions greatl appreciated

2. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

never mind i figured it out my problem was the autoexec file i needed to search my system copy and paste it to system 32 file im on like donkey kong now

3. bridq

bridq Regular member

I too had a hard time patching this game. How exactly did you do it?

4. dreamps

dreamps Member

I'm trying to do the same thing and I was having a problem backing uup this game. How did you do it??? If you can state it step by step that would be great.

5. latinreco

latinreco Member

I have been trying everything also, I always get the error -864, and doesn't let me logg on, please let me know when you get a change, Thanks in advance.

6. drt76

drt76 Member

Strange.....With my back-up copy, (Which I cound not patch as I normally can), I got on-line once, had a fight and now I can't get past DNAS and on-line again. What is the deal?

7. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

IM TERRIBLE AT HOW TOS SO IM GOING TO LOOK AROUND AND COPY PASTE THE THINGS THAT HELPED ME FIGURE THIS OUT AS THERE ARE NO REAL INSTRUCTIONS ON EXACTLY HOW TO AND I WILL MAKE A ARCHIVE WHICH I WILL SHARE ON BEARSHARE WHICH IS A P2P NETWORK WHICH CAN BE DOWN LOADED AT WWW.BEARSHARE.COM THERE IS A FREE VERSION I WILL NAME THE FILE "PS2 TOOLS BY MRC" IF YOU WANNA TRY TO DONLOADE IT FROM ME THERE AS IM NOT COMPLETELY COMPUTER SAVY TO CREATE LINKS TO WHERE TO GET ALL THE PROGRAMS SOME I STUMBLED ACROSS ON BEARSHARE BUT ILL MAKE AN ALL INCLUSIVE FILE GET BEARSHARE DO A SEARCH UNDER APPS/ARCHIVE IM ALWAYS ON

Tools your need

DVDDecrypter
    PS2NFO ID PATCHER ver 1.5 OR 2.01 DEPENDS ON GAME
    CDVDGEN 2.0
    PS2 DNAS ID`S NTSC OR PAL (list of game id`s)

STEP 1 – MAKE ISO IMAGE OF YOUR GAME

INSTALL DVDDecrypter
    INSERT YOUR GAME INTO YOUR DVD COPYER
    RUN DVDDecrypter
    SELECT MODE FROM TOOL BAR THEN ISO THEN READ
    SELECT A DESTINATION TO BACK-UP YOUR GAME
    PRESS DECRYPT (WAIT UNTIL GAME BACKED-UP TO YOUR HHD)

STEP 2 – INSERT ID CODE INTO YOUR ISO IMAGE

RUN PS2NFO ID PATCHER
    FIND AND SELECT YOUR ISO FILE
    SCAN FILE
    VERIFY VERSION
    CHECK WHICH REGION YOUR ISO IS? (i.e. SLES )
    FIND THE CORRECT ID CODE FOR YOUR ISO AND ENTER INTO DISK ID
    THEN PATCH ISO
    THEN SCAN AND VERIFY AGAIN ( REPORT FILE PATCHED)

STEP 3 – BURN GAME TO DVD-R

RESTART DVDDecrypter
    PLACE BLANK DVD-R IN DVD COPYER
    SELECT MODE FROM TOOL BAR THEN ISO THEN WRITE
    SELECT SOURCE FILE
    PRESS DECRYPT (WAIT UNTIL GAME BACKED-UP)

Programs needed:
    Dvd Decrypter: http://dvddecrypter.com/index.php?act=download
    Isobuster: http://www.isobusterdownload.org/isobuster_all_lang.zip
    Cdvdgen: http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.me...nternet.com/~ps2rippininfo/tools/cddvdgen.exe

1) COPY THE PS2 GAME DVD TO YOUR HARD DRIVE AS AN ISO IMAGE.
    a)OPEN DVD Decrypter.
    b)IN THE DESTINATION AREA, CLICK ON THE FOLDER ICON TO CHOOSE BOTH A NAME AND A STORAGE LOCATION FOR THE ISO IMAGE.
    c)CLICK ON MODE > ISO > READ.
    d)CLICK ON THE DVD ICON TO START THE PROCESS.
    e)WAIT UNTIL THE PROCESS IS FINISHED THEN CLOSE DECRYPTER AND GO TO STEP 2.

2) EXTRACT THE FILES FROM THE ISO IMAGE.
    a) CREATE A NEW FOLDER ON YOUR HARD DRIVE TO STORE THE
    EXTRACTED FILES.
    b) OPEN ISO BUSTER AND CLICK ON FILE > OPEN IMAGE FILE.
    c) NAVIGATE TO THE ISO FILE CREATED IN STEP 1 AND CLICK ON “OPEN”.
    d) HOLD THE CONTROL KEY ON YOUR KEYBOARD AND LEFT CLICK
    EVERY FILE AND FOLDER IN THE LIST.
    e) ONCE ALL THE FILES ARE HIGHLIGHTED, RIGHT CLICK ON ONE OF THEM AND CLICK ON “EXTRACT OBJECTS”.
    f) NAVIGATE TO THE NEW FOLDER THAT YOU CREATED ON YOUR
    HARD DRIVE AND CLICK “OK”.
    g) WAIT FOR THE PROCESS TO FINISH THEN CLOSE ISOBUSTER.

3) CONVERT THE EXTRACTED FILES INTO 2 BIN FILES.

a) OPEN CDVDGEN.
    b) SELECT “CREATE NEW PROJECT” AND THEN SELECT “DVD-ROM
    MASTER DISC”. DRAG CDVDGEN TO THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR
    SCREEN.
    c) NAVIGATE TO THE FOLDER THAT YOU CREATED ON YOUR HARD
    DRIVE BACK IN STEP 2 AND OPEN IT ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF YOUR SCREEN.
    d) SET THE WIDTH OF THAT WINDOW SO THAT IT IS ONLY 1 FILE WIDE. THIS WILL PLACE THE FILES INTO THE SAME ORDER AS THEY WERE ON THE GAME DISK BUT YOU SHOULD CHECK THEM FOR CORRECT ORDER JUST IN CASE.
    e) CLICK ON EDIT > SELECT ALL.
    f) DRAG ALL THE FILES INTO THE RIGHT SIDE OF CDVDGEN.
    g) LOOK FOR A SLUS OR SLES FILE AND WRITE DOWN THE FULL NAME AND THEN CLICK ON THE “VOLUME” TAB IN CDVDGEN.
    h)TYPE SLUS OR SLES (WHICHEVER YOUR FILE NAME IS) INTO THE 1ST BOX NEAR "DISC NAME"
    i) TYPE ALL OF THE NUMBERS FROM YOUR FILE NAME, WITHOUT THE PERIOD, INTO THE 2ND BOX.
    j) TYPE PLAYSTATION FOR THE PRODUCER NAME AND SELECT THE APPROPRIATE LICENSE AREA.
    k)CLICK ON "REC...".
    l)SELECT YOUR DESIRED STORAGE LOCATION AND NAME THE FILE STAR.IML
    m)YOU WILL GET 2 ERRORS, JUST CLICK OK FOR BOTH.
    (If you get one error message, then you have to download “WNASPI32.DLL” http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?wnaspi32 and put it in your windows system 32 folder.
    n)THE RECORDING SCREEN WILL POP UP, CLICK ON FILE > EXPORT IMAGE AND SAVE IT ON ONE OF YOUR HARD DRIVES (NOT IN A FOLDER) NAME IT STAR.LST
    o) WHEN IT'S FINISHED, YOU WILL HAVE 2 FILES NAMED STAR.000 AND STAR.001
    p)CLOSE CDVDGEN AND GO TO STEP 4.

4) MERGE THE .000 AND .001 FILES INTO A SINGLE ISO IMAGE.
    THE EASIEST WAY TO MERGE THE FILES IS FROM A COMMAND SCREEN.
    YOU WON'T HAVE TO INSTALL AN EXTRA PROGRAM THAT MAY NEED
    EXTRA FILES TO WORK AND COME ON, ADMIT IT, DOS IS SO MUCH FUN!!
    a)CLICK THE WINDOWS START BUTTON AND CLICK ON RUN.
    b)TYPE CMD IN THE BOX AND HIT ENTER.
    c)CHANGE THE DIRECTORY TO MATCH WHERE YOUR STAR.000 AND STAR.001
    FILES ARE STORED.
    EXAMPLE- IF THEY ARE ON THE C DRIVE, TYPE CD C:\ AND HIT ENTER.
    IF THEY ARE ON ANOTHER DRIVE, TYPE THE DRIVE LETTER WITH A COLON AND HIT ENTER.
    d)ONCE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT DIRECTORY-
    TYPE COPY/B STAR.000 + STAR.001 STAR.ISO AND THEN HIT ENTER.
    e)WHEN IT'S FINISHED YOU WILL HAVE A NEW ISO IMAGE NAMED STAR.ISO THAT YOU CAN NOW BURN IN STEP 5.

5) BURN THE NEW ISO IMAGE ONTO A BLANK DVD.
    USE YOUR FAVORITE DVD BURNING UTILITY TO BURN IT AT THE
    SLOWEST SPEED.

THESE ARE THE STEP THAT I FOLLOWED YOU MAY HAVE TO COMBINE THE TWO SETS OF INSTRUCTIONS I THINK THEY BOTH WILL WORK ONLY THING YOU MAY HAVE TO ADD IS THE PATCHING OF THE FILE IF I CAN BE OF ANYMORE HELP LET ME KNOW

I TOLD YOU I SUCK AT HOW TOS

8. latinreco

latinreco Member

Thanks for your help and directions. I did everything according to what you said, i had a question in regards to patching? i didn't use ps2nfo1.6, to patch it because i kept on getting an error msg
    ERROR: The Image File is not DN*S enabled or uses an unsupported version!

so i used WinDIP 1.7, and i patched it w/ that. now towards the end of the directions where you have to combine STAR.000 & STAR.001, how big was the file, because the file that i had created was 249 MB. Is taht right, i am backing up "Friday Night Fights Round 2." Thanks for all your help so far!

9. latinreco

latinreco Member

I tried playing on the ps2, game didn't work. I think that the image i made towards the end of the directions where you have to combine STAR.000 & STAR.001 is too small, it is 249 MB. What should i do, did i do something wrong somewhere. Thanks!

10. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

yeah that sounds right like i said its been awhile i did it when it first came out but your size sounds right and after you recreate the iso image i believe it will be around 1.5 gig

11. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

in regards to the last post it sounds like you did not merge the files into one iso image as i said a finished result should be around a gig and a half

12. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

seriously try downloadimg that archive from me on bearshare its got all the tools there plus maybe a few extras

13. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

sorry i keep remembering more stuff and by the way i really cant remember where i got this small program called CDVDGEN_ISOBuilder_by_JRLS im pretty sure if i remember correctly thats what produces your iso image after cddvdgen 2.0 this tool can be found in the download at bearshare which

14. latinreco

latinreco Member

hey, thanx, i got it to work, game is great to play online also. another question, sorry, does this process work for any other game you are trying to play online?

15. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

i have only tried it on the ones that didnt match the original patcher i i have run into this more so on the newer games i think all the 06 games may be this way so dont discard the tools and info i did mlb 2006 first 06 game i seen so far it was like this too maybe ill see you on line on fight night usually under this name mrc513 look 4 me would love to bang and chat if you have headset

16. latinreco

latinreco Member

thank, yeah, my name is latinreco in fight night round 2, i'll look for ya, hey, i tried to do call of duty using ur technique, didn't work, i still got the same error -864, any recommendations. hey, where are you located, i am in VA, do u have AOL MSG or MSN MSG?

17. MRC513420

MRC513420 Member

if i remember correctly i thought call of duty matched the original patcher but i will tell you even with the original disk i could not get on line have you been able to however as ironic as that is i have had other originals not log on but my backups do go figure (actually fifa 2005 and fight night rnd 2 call of duty had that issue with) im in cincinnati ohio i do use yahoo messenger i sent you a friend request on ea messenger we can talk there being that i think its against this sites rules to post email addresses nor do i want my address poated on the site

18. latinreco

latinreco Member

thats kool, i will look for ya online then. with call of duty, i got online w/ the originial, but not the back-up, i am going to try it one more time tonight, hopefully, i can get it working, its a fun game to play online. I'll be online later. i don't have a headset sorry, i am planning to get one soon, i'll look for ya on FNFR2. Did u get call of duty working??? let me know if u do? thanx for all ur help!