1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting with nero - PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by pjeros, Oct 17, 2004.

1. pjeros

pjeros Member

I am trying to burn with nero I have mpeg and avi movies I want to put on DVD+-R'S. Two problems can't use the burn to DVD because can't get the right format and can't use the VCD or SVCD because the capacity ratio is set for CDR'S. I don't know if that matters or not. Any help here would be great.
    Thanks

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Again Nero. Sorry, but I decided to stop answering to people that go on using that lame (for DVDs/VCDs) application. There are hundreds of good applications in commerce. For (S)VCDs read the 'sticky' threads. For DVD search on the net, I know much about these things (I never burn DVDs...). Maybe the freeware Super DVD Ripper, as mad89 suggests in my 'sticky' thread?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  3. Braves05

Braves05 Member

pjeros

i am having the same problem u are and its making me madd so if u find a good solution write back. I am under the impression u have to convert ur avi files and mpeg file to .vob files. But i am sure there is a program that lets u burn avi files and mpeg files. and if i find one i will let you kno

4. pjeros

pjeros Member

I am sorry that people don't like Nero and the fact that you don't want to help then why did you bother replying. I am trying to use the software that was perviod with my computer and yes I was given full version as I don't really have the money to keep spending on programs until I find one that works. If you don't want to help me with Nero could you tell me one that does work for what I am trying to do.
    Thanks

5. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

pjeros don't take it personally. Many people on AD have been here for a long time and are tired of members posting threads without searching first. What type of mpeg files do you have? Mpeg2, Mpeg4? I don't think you have mpeg4 files, because if you did you would be able to burn it as a dvd. What you need to do is convert your AVI and MPEG files into mpeg4 files. I don't think that Nero converts files into DVDs anymore but I'm not sure. I use TMPGEnc. You can get a free trial and use that. If you need any help using it, there are many threads about it on AD.

Hunter007