1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Allocation Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LuvMovies, Jan 20, 2007.

1. LuvMovies

LuvMovies Member

Suddenly starting getting a file allocation error when using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15, running AnyDVD and Nero. I just purchased Nero 7 and after reading some of the forums, uninstalled Nero 7 - cleaned and reinstalled Nero 6.6.0.8. I still get the same file allocation error. I've tried movies like Crank, GridIron Gang with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Nero probably isn't the problem. I have Nero 7 and have been using it for a long time with a bunch of encoders and transcoders on my system. Just make sure the InCD isn't installed during the install process. When I did it you had to select InCD for installation. Any way it goes, you don't want InCD. It interferes with the recording software when doing DVD recordings. You're doing some difficult movies in that mix. AnyDVD won't do it on the fly with Shrink. Some say that AnyDVD along with CloneDVD 2 will do the job and I've heard some say with movie only. AnyDVD was recently updated to 6.1.0.7 and there's a beta 6.1.1.0. So there will be another AnyDVD update shortly.

All that said, I used RipIt4Me to do the decryption on Crank. It came out right and I got a good encode from the files. DVDFab Decrypter is supposed to be working good. I didn't try it though. A few of the new movies are showing noncompliant file structure because of the heavy copy protection. Those need processing with FixVTS. RipIt4Me handles that in the program. You have Shrink loaded. Install DVD Decrypter and then use the RipIt4Me installer. Read over the official user guide and you should be able to find all you need here: http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Did I mention the whole RipIt4Me setup is freeware and doesn't cost a penny?

4. LuvMovies

LuvMovies Member

Thank you so much for your assistance. It worked just fine using the method you gave above.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of help.

Now that you've got it going, leave the selection for the software to look for updates. That way you won't fall behind on your RI4M updates. The FixVTS that goes with it has been updated though. You can check on the opening window of RI4M for version numbers. FixVTS is up to 1.6.0.3. The download is available in Software here at AD. FixVTS is a single executable file and all you need to do is copy it into the Programs folder for RipIt4Me. I wouldn't worry about it unless the software starts acting up.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007