1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"File allocation failed" Help please....

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ricks1, Mar 11, 2007.

1. ricks1

ricks1 Member

So, this has happended 2 or 3 times. I choose "full DVD" (or "Movie & Menu")in RipIt4Me. It creates PLS file then opens DVD Decrypter and rips only ONE small from "Menu" file. Then it closes and re-opens another PLS file and start riping all the files. This is done on "1 Click mode" so it processes it with FixVTS. It opens just fine in DVD shrink it does the Analyzing and Encoding just fine but when it gets to burning it with Nero (which is done automatically) it gives an error "file relocation failed". Any ideas why it does this?? Thanks!!

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Do have a Nero log

3. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Just in case you don't know where the Nero log is stored, it can be found in one of these paths depending on the version used:

Nero 6: Program Files > Ahead > Nero > NeroHistory
    Nero 7: Program Files > Nero > Nero7 > Core > NeroHistory

The log is divided into sections, one for each of the last several attempted burns. Each section begins with a header followed by your name and Nero program serial number. Be sure to omit your name and serial number from your post.

4. ricks1

ricks1 Member

For some reason the log for the failed burn process is not saved. I ended up ripping and burning the movie with out the "Menu". Thats where the problem has been past few times with couple of other movies also. the menu is large size and has too many options (Theatrical version or Directorts cut). Again, the problem is when the DVD Decrypter rips one section of the "Menu" then closes and then reopens loads and rips the rest of the IFO's Vob's. And everything is fine after the FixVTS and encoding in DVD shrink but when it comes to burning the "file Relocation failed" notice pops up. And I know it is because of that one small file that gets ripped separatly the first time and probably gets erased when DVD Decrypter re-opens and creates anthor PLS file again with the same directory name and writes over the first one. If this helps please advise!! thanks a bunch.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ricks1 ,
    Post the Ripit4Me log of that rip. That error is usually because of a missing vob.