1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

file reallocation failed

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by darrenm38, Mar 19, 2004.

1. darrenm38

darrenm38 Guest

hi guys if anybody could help me with this problem would be nice.i dragged a film from dvd to hd,then tried to burn using nero ver6 .no joy, message says dvd- video files,rellocation failed dvd might be unplayable ,i can play film on hd fine.any suggestions.uk friend.

2. RWG

RWG Regular member

You're going to have to encode it and possibly shrink it to fit on a blank DVD. Use DVD Shrink, DVD Decrytper or any encoder of your choice. You need files with the extensions of IFO, BUP and VOB.

You can try encoding the files on your HD but it would probably be better to rip (backup) from a DVD.

luck-

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

there are some very nice guides on this site that can help you out.

4. darrenm38

darrenm38 Guest

thanks guys i tried shrink , it keeps saying can't open files,the dvd in question was all ready encoded and put on a dvd-r,can the dvd be ripped by a different program and i need that program [ wild guess].can files get lost in transfer [from dvd to hd]
    if that was so then i would'ent be able to play the film from hd.sorry guys to rattle on.

5. buxton

buxton Regular member

If you want to get the file onto the Hard Disk just use DVD Decrypter - even if the movie is already ripped and burned on DVD it is a simple one click to get it on the Hard Disk. There is no reason why any files should go missing. And they will play from the Hard Disk if you have some DVD software installed Power DVD for example.

Now the file relocation issue is down to Nero, had this exact smae error the other day and I couldn't work out why it was doing it. Used Stomp Record Max and it did the copy fine first attempt.

6. EmoMongo

EmoMongo Guest

I think folks do not understand the problem here.

The issue is not where to begin here. We have done the same things we always do to burn a DVD-Video disc. there seems to be an issue with the original files or image and not sure how to ---> fix the problem.. not just how to burn a dvd...I think we both have got that down.

I have the same problem with a dvd image file .img that I have. It is of a certain new samurai movie that I have. The problem is that the file is 4.38gig. and a dvd will hold 4.37 so...it needs recompressed or reedited or something. ok so I mounted the image as a dvd-rom using Virtual DAEMON V3.46 then opened that
    and recompressed with dvdxcopy platinum (dvdshrink 3.1 wouldn't open the virtual disc. I say recompressed only because dvdxcopy failed at the point that it was going to burn the disc. So I ended up with the files of the right size and no longer in image (.img) format sitting on my HD.

When I try to burn those files as a dvd video disc in nero I get the same message
    Now on to burn with Nero as I always do... but no luck... same issue as above
    Any ideas? Where I went wrong? Anything..

Thanks...hope this clears some of this up... not sure if it is the same issue or not...sounds like it though.

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

did you actually burn the disc? As long as all the necessary files are there, it might work. I've gotten that error a few times and burned anyways, and the movie worked.

8. EmoMongo

EmoMongo Guest

Nah, didn't want to create another coaster...already about 4-5 from this flick..I'll try it now...and post the results

Thanks for the help

9. oddyseus

oddyseus Guest

use ifoedit and perform a 'Get VTS Sectors' on the VIDEO_TS,IFO file. If it corrects anything u might have found your problem.

Otherwise I would recomend to download imgtools classic, create an image out of your files, that should be in a folder containing two other folders named AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and burn (the image) with decrypter.

10. buxton

buxton Regular member

I rekon it is a faulty .VOB file that causes it. I have had two now, the first one Stomp burned it. The second one locked Stomp twice at 64% - so I dumped the entire thing into the trash. Seems like some kind of repair is needed to stop it.

11. mrmont

mrmont Guest

i have the same problem with relocation errors i have tried burning anyway still no good i burned the disc to HD using dvd decrypter, its only 3.9gb so it fits on dvd, but what else can i use to burn it? stomp didnt work... cheers

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if its only that big, just use dvd decrypter in iso mode to read and write.