1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

file sharing windows xp and windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8 discussion' started by 75aces, Dec 29, 2012.

1. 75aces

75aces Regular member

I want to configure my xp computer and windows 8 computer on my network. I have files on an external drive that's connected to my xp computer and share with my windows 8 computer. I'm new to windows 8 and I have not been successful. Thanks.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Regular member

4. berrymartin

berrymartin Member

These steps are required if you want to share file from window xp to window 8.

1 . Download Windows Easy Transfer
    Download Windows Easy Transfer if you want to transfer files from Windows Xp to Windows 8.
    2. Run Windows Easy Transfer in any one computer.
    Select the Windows Easy Transfer .
    Click Next to proceed.
    This step is crucial . Choose Easy transfer cable option. Choose A network to transfer files .
    In my case , as I have already told you earlier , I ran Windows Easy Transfer in my Windows 8 PC . So Click ‘ This is my New PC ‘ if you follow my steps.
    In this step choose your Windows XP.
    3 . Next Step , Installing Windows Easy Transfer On Your Old PC
    Click Next to proceed.
    This step is crucial , you’ll have to enter the code you see above on your Windows 8 PC’s Easy Transfer which you’ll be ask to entered if you followed my steps correctly .
    4 . Now Choose The Files You Want To Share ( Almost Finished )
    Select the files , and make sure the file size by looking into the lower left pane of the window .
    After the progress bar finishes , you have successfully transferred files from Windows XP To Windows 8.

Regards,
    Berry Martin