1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File size is different.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Adidasboy, May 26, 2004.

1. Adidasboy

Adidasboy Member

Hi. I'am kind of new to this dvd copying scene and well i have a few problems doing so. I just bought a new dvd burner the other day and it came with a packed software called, Nero 6 memorex suite. Well i can burn dvds to dvds but when i want to burn my other movies on my computer it wont let me. Most of my movies are in .avi format and they are like 700 mb each. When i add files to my project it says that the file exceeds the capacity of a normal dvdbut still fits onto a dvd-9 disc. As there is no dvd-9 compatible recorder in your system, you will only be able to write this project to a folder or to the image recorder. Do you want to have the project quality reduced atuomaticly so your projcet will fit. when i hit yes,it says that the projcet quality could not be reduced far enough to fir onto the dvd. The file is only 700 mbs.I didnt do any editing to it. I also used TMPGEnc and i still get a file size being to big. Plz hlep!!!!!!

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

A 700+mb avi file can sometimes encode out to around the 2.5-4GB mark but usually doesn't exceed that... you try save to image drive or to a Video_TS folder & shrink with DVD2One or DVD Shrink etc (?)

I use Nero 6 for many a thing , but not encoding ... much prefering to use 'MainConcept MPEG Encoder' [which is a LOT quicker]
    Then run MPEG 2 thru TMPGEnc DVD Author , and as they say 'Bob's your uncle' !!