1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Size not going to 4.36GB

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by carlitob, Mar 26, 2003.

1. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I am backing up my copy of Gone in 60 Seconds. DVD2One won't make it any larger than 3.99GB's. Any ideas? Has anyone experienced this problem?

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

No , I suggest you get the newest DVD2one version 1.1.1. The only thing to do is select the copy mode: full disk or movie only.
    The default MB's is set to 4472MB so that DVD2one will reduce it to that number of MB's.
    You do not have to change that !

I have no probs with DVD2one and its outcome size.

3. RMF

RMF Regular member

I had this problem with Snatch. For a reason that was unknown to me at the time, DVD2ONE was compressing the movie to 2.5 gigs or there abouts. Then after the third try i noticed that the actual size of the movie only files on the original matched axactly what DVD2ONE gave me. Strange i know, as the quality is shit, but thats what it's like on the original. So maybe the movie is the same size as the copy that you have made with DVD2ONE.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  4. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest

What operating/file system are you using? Windows XP and Windows 2000 (with NTFS partitions) can handle files larger than 4gb but Window Me & 98 (or 2000 and XP with FAT32 partitions) cannot handle files over 4gb and that could be causing your problem. Just a thought.

5. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

I am using XP Pro(NTFS), and this is a recent problem I have burned other backups and they come out to 4.36GB its just recently this is happening. with Friday and Gone in 60 Seconds.

6. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

the file size for the original VOB's is 4.65GB and compressed by DVD2one in 4472 setting it comes out to 3.99 GB. I am going to try to compress each VOB individually using DVD calc found here :
    http://www.lonesurf.com/calc2.php
    then create the IFO's and BUP's. Anyone know of a guide to do this. If not I will write a guide when I am done. (hopefully) :)

7. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

the file size for the original VOB's is 4.65GB and compressed by DVD2one in 4472 setting it comes out to 3.99 GB. I am going to try to compress each VOB individually using DVD calc found here :
    http://www.lonesurf.com/calc2.php
    then create the IFO's and BUP's. Anyone know of a guide to do this. If not I will write a guide when I am done. (hopefully) :)

8. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member