1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

file size of DivX to DVD conversion "MPEG exceeds media" Help needed...Thanks

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by salts, Feb 25, 2005.

1. salts

salts Member

Hi, can someone please help me with this, Im new to this. I have been trying to convert a DivX file (scarface) that I downloaded from kazaa into dvd format so I can play it on any dvd player. I found a guide on here

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd_page_4.cfm

that shows you how to do so, however I get this message during the process.

"The MPEG file you are about to create may exceed the file size of the media you are trying to write, thus you may not be able to write data onto the disk do you wish to continue?"

I was using TMPGEnc to do the conversion...that message comes up at step 4/5 in the bitrate setting. I tried making adjustments in that setting to create more space, but i'm not able to.

I was wondering what can be done to proceed to the next step without risking not being able to write it to a disk any help is appreciated?

Thanks

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Well is what I did this a few days ago, and I got a more than decent 'copy'
    I ran the downloaded version of Scarface through the ..free VSO conversion tool...http://www.vso-software.fr/.
    and in my case it worked.

hope it does in yours.

gringle

3. salts

salts Member

IT WORKED :)Thank You...I was able to convert the file.

4. salts

salts Member

Hi, I'm back...one quick question. Everything worked great, but I was wondering if you knew how to cut the long movie into scenes, so when I play it on a dvd player I can skip to different scenes.

Thank You