1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File size's too big for a cd?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Waylander, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Waylander

Waylander Guest

I am using nero, have every codec I could find installed and every movie I try to do as a vcd is too big for a single cd, even if the file starts out smaller than 700 meg. I have one such video that is 250 meg, but 88 minutes long, so it says its too big to put on a cd. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. nyam

nyam Regular member

VCD is constant bitrate format. 1150kbps. Which means you have exact amount of minutes you can burn into 1CD. To 700MB disc i burn about 75mins of data. So you can't burn 88mins long movie to one disc.

3. afonic

afonic Guest

Hi!
    You can you use DVDx to cut the file at 700MB and start a second one, but you will need 2 CDs. If you want to use 1 CD try DivX but it only plays in the computer. You can find detailed guides about all above at YOU WERE WARNED
    Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2003
  4. nyam

nyam Regular member

and off course there is XVCD. Which is non-standard VCD. use if your stand alone accepts these. You can specify bitrate as you wish.

5. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Or you can convert it to divx that way you can fit the clip onto one disk. Quality will degrade but depending on the quality of the original it will either be unoticeable or youll see blocks and other artifacts. A good filter chain will get rid of most of these. And of course a higher bitrate...

6. nyam

nyam Regular member

mpeg-4 (divx/xvid) is a good alternative. but if you want to encode your stuff as playable for stand alone DVDplayers then mpeg-1(VCD).

7. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Thats true, unless youve got the money for a divx compatible player...

8. alntht

alntht Guest

You could build a good enough entertainment pc cheap enough, and you could upgrade at will and have a real pc.