1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

file to big for dvd rw and dvd r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by andyv12, Oct 17, 2004.

1. andyv12

andyv12 Member

hey im using ulead movie maker 2 to make dvd because thats teh most dent one i could find now theres a few questions i wanna ask

1. is there any program better than ulead for making menus and title screens.

2. i use ulead because it converts the dvd and burns it for u like nero but it gets to 99% and says file too large for disc even though its says it needs 3.3gb and my discs are 4.7gb anyone know why this is do i need to convert it before i use ulead and if so what program and how? (oh and btw the mvies im trying to put on dvd are just normal avi files i downloaded from a website 700mb)

thank you

andy

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

3. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

andyv

I like 1)-NeroVisionExpress(NVE-which is part of the Nero Ultra 6 suite for 59.00),

and 2)- DVDLab(which is more extensive than NVE but costs 99.00 for an authoring proggy only).

Both have free trials, DVDLab's is a month I believe and the entire Nero Ultra 6 suite can be reloaded each and every month and is good for the entire month. At the end of the month you just DL it again and you're good for that next month, etc. til you're ready to purchase(which i highly recommend, it has burning engines, DVD backup, cover design, toolkit, photoshop, and a host of other audio and video needs) :>)

Both apps have import features to customize your menus and can create chapters. NVE has a unique feature of a software remote you use to preview your work, it operates just like a real remote control, when it is to your satisfaction you can then burn.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004