1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File to big for vcd?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by jconlinjr, Feb 23, 2005.

1. jconlinjr

jconlinjr Member

I have been trying for over a week to rip Sharktale to fit on on cd-r. I have tried so many programs to do this, #1 dvd ripper, dvdx, dvd2svcd, easyvcd, ect..

The file size is too big to put on a cd. The file I have on my hard drive right now is 916,937. I need to get the file down to 700k. I know that the video will suffer but I don't care too much. I want to play them in my van on a 7.2 screen to the quailty does not matter too much.

I have the idea of putting a bunch on movies on cheap cd-r's and leave them in the van so the kids could watch them and I would not have to worry about scratching or losing them.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks
    John

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Size is determined by length and bitrate, as you can't change the length you need to use a lower bitrate. DVD2SVCD I would have thought would work as from what I gather it calculates the bitrate for you based on the size of the media.

3. jconlinjr

jconlinjr Member

Yes that is what I thought. I finally used easy vcd and selected xvcd and that worked.

thanks