1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files from PC to PS2 question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HiJAK, Sep 28, 2004.

1. HiJAK

HiJAK Guest

I've got the exploit set up that allows me to go into psmenu and load any elfs from there, i also have the hard drive formatted and working with HDLoader.
    I have a couple of ps2 iso's on my pc and was wondering how i can get them onto my ps2. I've heard about the execftps program but cannot get it to work, my pc and ps2 are connected with the lead that came with the network adapter without a router, can anyone help please. thanks

2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

how are you connecting the lead? it wont work directly.

3. spckwol

spckwol Member

what problems are you having using the ftp programs. I just went through all that and got it working pretty good so just let me know and I could help.

4. HiJAK

HiJAK Guest

im just connecting the lead from the ps2 network adapter to the ethernet adapter on the motherboard?

5. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

theres your problem, you need to use a crossover cable, the NA one wont work directly.

6. HiJAK

HiJAK Guest

ok tried using a crossover, i can ping the address 192.168.0.10 and i get a reply but cant connect to it. using FAPlink to transfer iso's.

7. HiJAK

HiJAK Guest

also tried with execftps but had no luck

8. wakutan

wakutan Member

I have a problem too with connecting a PS2 to my PC.

I use a router so i don't use normal utp instead of the cross-over cable.

Do i have to config the network adapter from my ps2 first?

Cuz i used the network adapter only for attaching hdd so its not configured yet.

9. spckwol

spckwol Member

you may want to configure the PS2. although, I got everything working with this, I can only tranfer small things such as snes station and other small games. anything else doesnt seem to go through.

10. spcblack

spcblack Guest

Use [bold]HDL_DUMP & HDL_DUMB (Windows UI) or LordBoGaMi_HDLD_GUI (Windows UI)[/bold] pair.

11. spcblack

spcblack Guest

ExecFTP & HDL_DUMP use a Default IP if you do not set it up. Read first, the document included in thoes packages.

12. mares007

mares007 Member

You know I am having this problem too. I get ExeFTP installed the server starts, I can ping the server. But whenever I hook through flashfxp, I cannot see any directories. But I have used another program called FAPLink and that works fine (albeit slow) on the same IP address. Wish I could figure out what is wrong. Any help is appreciated.

13. Kerippi

Kerippi Member

i've just installed a hd into my ps2 along w/the network adapter... i have a copied ver of the hdloader... is there a reason the ps2 won't recongnize the disk? am i loading it wrong?

also... i have a network, how do i hook up my ps2 to my puter where my games are stored? do i just hook it up to the router?

u also said that ps2 does not recognize .iso/.bin files, how do u uncompress the .bin file? i tried to using winzip and winrar but i get an error... is there a way to convert the .bin to .iso?

thanks so much! :)