1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files left behind by DVD Shrink?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by McNA5TY, Jan 26, 2005.

1. McNA5TY

McNA5TY Member

Hello all. I use Shrink/Decrypter and I always delete the ISO image after I burn. I went to defrag and the defrag shows two ISO images that are the same size as the ISO images that I burned, but the filenames are different (e.g. 00016225.ISO). I searched my whole drive and I can't find these files so I can delete them. Does DVD Shrink leave a backup image behind? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. axlman

axlman Regular member

I have only used Shrink a couple of times now. What I've noticed is that after using the iso image, it extracts the movie into a desinated folder. the movie that I backed up was without a paddle, so it created the movie into a folder called without a paddle. after Shrink encoded the files and burned the movie, it again save the files into another folder called without a paddle. so I believe that it continues to create and saves the files everytime you burn the movie.

3. McNA5TY

McNA5TY Member

Yeah, thats not exactly the problem that I'm having. I can just go in and delete the image from my designated folder pretty easily, or I can just tick "delete ISO when finished burning" on DVD Decrypter. My problem is that I have a duplicate of that ISO somewhere else on my HD, under a different filename (00016225.ISO). If anyone out there can help me, all I want to do is find and delete these files. Does anyone know if there is a more thorough search engine for drives, rather than using the built-in Windows XP search? Please help me. :(