1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

files still to big! Help!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by chaztrons, Jan 5, 2005.

1. chaztrons

chaztrons Guest

I have had a problem with a few movies where even after decription and shrink they are still too big to fit on a dvd+r 4.7gb disk.
    Have used DVD Shrink, VOB and DVD Decriptor. and its still too big. Any ideas.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What do you have the final setting set at on the shrunk DVD? I have mine set at 4432 I had it set for a full DVD-5 Disk but would have the problem you had. The Disc size was to big, so I set it at 4432 to make sure it was small enough to go on the disc. If you tried that and it still is to big then make sure you edit out languages you dont want subtitles and if there is 2 movies on it like wide screen and full screen still picture 1 of them. It could be that the disk is to big for DVDShrink to compress it enough.

3. chaztrons

chaztrons Guest

ok now in backup i am getting "Data Error Cycle Redundancy Check"
    Any help here?
    I cant even get a full back-up to be able to copy at the moment.
    Thanks in advance

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What DVD you trying to copy? Some of the newer ones have had problems with copying. You get that error cause they put a file or a few seconds of distorted data on the DVD to prevent people from copying. What i did was went to http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html and downloaded AnyDVD it is a trial program you can use for 21 days after that you have to buy it. I dont know if there is a program like that, that is freewear. But download that program exe the downloaded file to insatll the program. Have that running in the background. You will see a red fox in the task bar, Once that is running in the background run DVDShrink. I had a few DVDs that DVDShrink wouldnt annilize and got that same error. But when I installed this program it then loaded the DVD movie.

5. chaztrons

chaztrons Guest

fox program didnt work. But thanks anyway.
    programs im trying to copy are
    hero, ladykillers and blue collar comedy rides again
    I have not had any problems with any others. I even copied troy with no muss or fuss
    Thanks again in advance

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Well it isnt Shrink problem cause I Backed up blue collar comedy rides again a while back with DVD Shrink and had no problems with it.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure the disc is clean and scratch free that can cause the "Data Error Cycle Redundancy Check" also. If not maybe its a defect in the DVD somhow. I know I have made a copy of the DVD with no problem.

8. chaztrons

chaztrons Guest

already tried all those.....nothing works ..... get the same error with each one.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Then im out of ideas, of course some will say its cheap media check your IDE Cables etc etc, but if you can copy other DVDs with no problem seems to me it is a flaw in the disc somehow.

10. chaztrons

chaztrons Guest

yeah i know i see that a lot on here ....flaw media ....cables .....thanks for your help anyway and if you run across anything please let me know.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you try to rip the DVD files with DVD Decrypter then load that into DVDshrink?

12. chaztrons

chaztrons Guest

yes and i have tried VOB same thing happens ....not same error message ...different programs of course ..but still the same end.

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Well maybe somone else will come along that can give you more ideas. Like I said I made a copy of the Blue Colur COmedy tour rides again and didnt have any problem copying it with DVD Shrink. SO I dont know what else to tell you. Wish I could help.

14. gbiplavon

gbiplavon Guest

I followed ScubaPete's instructions on "re-authoring" in DVD Shrink to copy only the movie, and that has worked on my movies that are too big for the DVD. Once, I got that error 'Data Error Cycle Redundancy Check' and washed the disk off and it worked. Another time I got it, and I played the movie on the computer for a few min. then tried burning it and it worked. Sorry, not technical enough to help, but these are some things that worked for me.

15. chaztrons

chaztrons Guest

ok we ran the fox program in the background...then used VOB program and shrink and the burn was successful!

Thanks for all the help.