1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

files too big for cd help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by morstace, Nov 17, 2001.

1. morstace

morstace Guest

I have 3 mpeg movie files i want to take 20mins off the first one and put it at the end of the second one.Then i need to put the third one at the end of the second one.all of this is so i can get the movie on to two cds any suggestion? wot programs should i use? where do i get them?
    thanks MoRsTaCe

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

3. morstace

morstace Guest

ok thanks

4. morstace

morstace Guest

sorry to bother you again but I have mangaged to split up the second file but when i tried to merge it with the first file a error message popped up say that the two files arent compatable but they are they are both 560 x 416 wot do i do now?

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

They are probably encoded with different bitrates and therefor can't be joined, sorry, not much that you can do -- everybody should use VideoCD standard bitrates in their MPEG-1 encoding so we could avoid this kind of situations. Only thing is to determine the bitrates of the videos and see if only one of them is in different bitrate (or framerate which is another issue that might prevent you from joining them) and encode that one into same bitrate as the rest of the clips.