1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Files you cant read?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tkeep13, Feb 20, 2004.

1. tkeep13

tkeep13 Member

Why is it that Final Fantasy X files will not read of the game dvd? Even after making an iso with dvd decryptor I can not read them in iso buster or Ultraiso. The iso file size is over 4 gig but the files listed dont even add up to 10Mb. I know that there are other ways to back up this game. However I am not wanting to back it up. Just wanting to understand why :) If anyone knows why some discs wont show the files please share.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Did you try looking at the ISO image using Virtual Drive ?

3. tkeep13

tkeep13 Member

I have not tried that, actually dont know how but I will look into it.

4. tkeep13

tkeep13 Member

Mounted the iso to a virtual drive in Alcohol 120%, but it still reads only a few files totaling around 5Mb. Cant figure this out.

5. mickz

mickz Member

I have backed up Final Fantasy X successfully. I burnt an image of it onto my hard drive using Nero 5. Then I burnt it onto a Memorex DVD-R.

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I've not had a problem with [bold]ISO Write[/bold] in DVD Decrypter personally !!: ]-~

(thought I'd add that)

7. tkeep13

tkeep13 Member

I dont think there is a problem with the Iso that dvd decrypter made. I found a tool that can extract the audio from FFX and ran that on the iso to see what would happen, and it extracted an audio file over 1.5 gig in size (all the sound from the FMV). So all the files are in the iso but I can not see them with any program. Very odd.

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the game files are simply protected...

i think the bouncer has it aswell... and ffx... ffx-2... kingdom hearts... and any other game that comes on a dvd from square enix... has a simple file protection wich we cant do... the protection is as simple as making windows hide files... BUT while they do it..... they use the factory that press the game hide it... thus making the main files invisible... and the other files visible... you ask why they make the boot files visialbe?... well it's simple cuz the ps2 wont see the files just as we dont... we only see what they want us to see and the same for the ps2.. the ps2 read the elf files and boots the invisible files and play the game.. and all this proves that most of games that come from them is imposible to rip.. due to simple one thing... you CANT see the files...