1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Film sync

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by astgte, Mar 12, 2007.

1. astgte

astgte Member

Having a few problems at the moment with audio sync on a few films i've downloaded. Nero plays tham with a large gap between mouths opening and the words appearing, but they play fine with windows media. Is there something simple i'm doing wrong?

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Does your standalone DVD player play the movie OK? If so, it's the Nero player itself that's askew. reboot and try it.

3. astgte

astgte Member

Sorry, dont understand that? Do you mean the player that is not attached to the computer. I havent tried to burn the discs yet, but most play with no problems, just a couple seem to be badly out, but replorts say that they are perfect. Should I try and burn one and see, is that what you mean. Sorry for the daft questions.
    Thanks

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

OK so you haven't actually burned a DVD but the player in your pc is causing the gap. But WMP will play it properly. I would burn it to a DVD. I would think the problem is with the Nero player and not the downloaded file.

5. astgte

astgte Member

Thats correct, I usually dont bother burning to disc if the file does not play in sync when I check it on nero. Is it a fairly common trait of nero, to play out of sync on file but burn ok. I have tried the file in pwoer dvd,and medic player and both are ok, just nero.
    Thanks

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Nero's player is not the best in the world either. I use powerDVD to check my burns.

7. astgte

astgte Member

So would you advise then to check the downloaded film in another program? I have powerdvd and it plays in sync there, but I dont have the option of burning in it(unless I shell out the cash for it;)) And if it plays in sync, it should burn ok?
    Thanks

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Since the cost of DVDs is around $.20 I would burn the file with nero and see what happens. If you get a coaster so what you haven't lost much. Take a chance. If the file is playing ok in one program then it's a good file.