1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films running jerky

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blueandy, Jan 23, 2005.

1. blueandy

blueandy Member

Cheers for that.

I can see how you misread what I infact meant !!!

The careful consideration was not of your advice, it was looking carefully around the Net to see if there was any particular brand that had been mentioned anywhere for my burner or my external player.

Verbatim showed up in a couple of locations out there so it was a case of better than nothing lets give it a go, as it tied in amongst names yourselves recommended.

So far things appear much better, and I've also adopted checking the disk after burning as a matter of course. I think the suggestion about bringing the size down also to be very important so am implementing that

thanks again.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

So far I've had no sizing problems with backups. Some poorer media has errors around the outer edge that can cause problems. But just a small size reduction when possible isn't going to be that helpful. I've backed up my video library and that of family members and have yet seen the need to downsize files from the original program defaults. Like a lot of things, it gets into personal opinions and preferences. I've yet to see it make a difference when the programs are set up properly.

3. blueandy

blueandy Member

One day we'll look back on all these problems and wonder how on earth we had them ...at least thats what I hope.

Off to my next project now of trying to get some of my vhs video collection onto dvd !!!!!

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Good luck and have fun.

5. camstuf

camstuf Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2005